My first convert

DavidTQ
DavidTQ Posts: 943
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
Well it finally happened today leant my old bike to someone for them to use for their first cycle commute. Of course it poured down with rain, they havent cycled since they were 13 and werent much of a cyclist as a kid because their mum brought them a bike for them to grow into, which just put them off...

top speed of 10mph, followed him the whole route home to give them a bit more confidence in how to deal with the various junctions, left them about half a mile from their house and then called afterwards to check how it went. They are planning on trying the whole week next week.

I felt a bit more training would have been better for them than jumping straight into a 7 mile commute, but still theyve found it enjoyable apart from the inevitable saddle soreness, even the downpour wasnt enough to put them off [:D]

Comments

• mazcp
    mazcp Posts: 953
    That's pretty good! I wish I had a 'bike buddy' when I first started commuting, sounds like a great idea.
    Make sure they read <i>Cyclecraft</i>!
  • goo_mason
    goo_mason Posts: 148
    Just don't get them to order Cyclecraft from Amazon.... ordered on the 3rd June, and I got an email two days ago telling me that it's out of stock and the expected delivery date is now the end of August :-(

Cheers !

Grant
    Three From Leith podcast
    www.threefromleith.com
    Cheers !

Grant
    Three From Leith podcast
    www.threefromleith.com
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by goo_mason</i>

Just don't get them to order Cyclecraft from Amazon.... ordered on the 3rd June, and I got an email two days ago telling me that it's out of stock and the expected delivery date is now the end of August :-(

Cheers !

Grant
    Three From Leith podcast
    www.threefromleith.com
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Will remember that!