Lost Bikes

urbanfatboy
urbanfatboy Posts: 193
edited June 2007 in Road general
Why is it that some bikes just disapppear? When I google for the bikes I used to own especially as a kid, nothing fancy, i get just about nothing on them. Are my expectations to high? I thought there would be some record of theme somewhere/

Comments

• mr_tricolore
    mr_tricolore Posts: 255
    I get the same, but then I guess that if my parents had been a litle less tight fisted and had got me the top of the range models, I would have more luck finding information.

You only need one!
    FGG #2909
    You only need one!
    FGG #2909
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    What make are you looking for information on ? I can help with 1970'S 80 's Raleigh , Dawes , Holdsworth , Claud Butler , Carlton , Falcon , Peugeot . I have a number of catologues covering this period .

bagpuss
    bagpuss
  • urbanfatboy
    Well,

Across ranges, I had a
    Raleigh Jeep (kids bike)
    Puch Calypso
    Kalkhoff Camaro (never heard of them again till they appeared in current mag)
    Raleigh Jubilee
    Realigh Joop Zoetemelk (I think it was a model up from the Europa, I loved it!)
    Holdsworth Colstar (thought I think it was a CB with Holdsworth stickers)

Any trace of them?
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Raleigh Jeep 1975 Cost œ40.50 3 sp . Single œ36.50 . Colour Red frame with blue M/G and chain guard . White Saddle . 24 " wheels .
    Puch Calypso . Autumn Bronze 3 speed or Single in Tyrolean green . Sorry no info on Kalkhoff . I will have to come back to you on last 3 . Rough year guide would help with the Raleighs . Their range of ever changing models was vast .

bagpuss
    bagpuss
  • urbanfatboy
    Wow! Thanks for quick burst of nostalgia!! My Jeep was a single, though I think it was a goldy/bronzy colour. Puch was the Green single. I didn't even know they made them as 3 speeds, I guess they would have been the SA gears.
    The Raleigh Jubileewas most likely 1977, the Joop, I'm not sure, but he won the Tour in 1980(?), so I guess it was soon after that. Thne CB/Holdsworth would have been a mid-eighties bike I think.

Cheers for everything so far