Where to buy small cable ties?

carbonbasedlifeform
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Hi...

In fitting, or rather failing to fit, a computer to my bike last night I snapped the locking tooth on one of the two plastic cable tie things that came in the box for fitting the sensor to the fork.

Obviously it would be too much cost - probably almost a pence - for the manufacturer to include a couple of spares in the box, so now I need to find a replacement. A small one, black. Any idea where these can be readily picked up?

Thanks!

Comments

• SDP
    SDP Posts: 665
    halfords ...pack of 10 for a quid..

they are good for small spares like that & cable ends etc...

i bought a load of odds & ends for my spares box last time i went in..

www.mjsracing.net
  • Perfect - thank you SDP. Will be dropping in on my way home...
  • Floodcp
    Floodcp Posts: 190
    Maplin Electronics if you have one near or RS components

Probably any electrical wholesale as well
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pound shop or B+Q
  • SDP
    SDP Posts: 665
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichA</i>

10 for a quid !!!

I got about 250 (various sizes/colours) in a tub for about œ3 from B&Q.

Rich
    <font size="1"><font color="green">Etape2007.Blogspot.Com</font id="green"></font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><font color="red">Map Surrey Hills Project</font id="red"></font id="size1">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

yes but did they have any chains/cable ends/headset spacers etc...
    also a lot more halfrauds about ..[;)]

www.mjsracing.net
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    Poundland do a box of 500 (for œ1, of couse!). If that's too much, try the 99p shop.
  • davecooper
    davecooper Posts: 290
    Wilkinsons. Red, Blue, Yellow multipack, also Black and White
    About œ1 per 100 I think
  • I bought 100 for 99p from aldi

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • Latino
    Latino Posts: 52
    I got a box of about 300 for 99p at Robert Dyas a couple of months ago, all sorts of sizes and colours
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    You can get cable ties from any DIY store.
  • ashbyalien
    ashbyalien Posts: 609
    i got about 200 different sized ones for a pound, from a pound shop.

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • vernonlevy
    vernonlevy Posts: 969
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by carbonbasedlifeform</i>

Hi...

In fitting, or rather failing to fit, a computer to my bike last night I snapped the locking tooth on one of the two plastic cable tie things that came in the box for fitting the sensor to the fork.

Obviously it would be too much cost - probably almost a pence - for the manufacturer to include a couple of spares in the box, so now I need to find a replacement. A small one, black. Any idea where these can be readily picked up?

Thanks!

Mike Dyason does them for a point per hundred but I got a load from Aldi in a range of colours and sizes for a couple of quid.
  • my computer came with a spare...you can have it if you want to come and get it[:D]

Gravity sucks
    Gravity sucks
  • Now sorted...thanks to two quid and the not-quite-Maplins on my way home.

I have approximately 299 more than I need though, so I will a) try to sell them to Halfords, or b) post a handful to anyone who has not already bought 300 themselves.
  • philip99a
    philip99a Posts: 2,272
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    I have approximately 299 more than I need though, so I will .... b) post a handful to anyone who has not already bought 300 themselves.

One day we will all share things properly. You have all got things that I need and you don't, and vice versa. The web is a great place for this to get sorted.

I know there are sites for sharing/giving away stuff but I don't. Lazy tw@t I am.

Anyone do this web sharing/giving thing? I just take things to the tip. Cable ties to motor cars. Web sharing, good news??

Campag Super Nova; faster than a cannon ball
    Cycling - the most fun you can have sitting down.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I have thousands of different sizes as my company send toooo many on system installations [:D]

Feel free to browse and donate:
    http://www.justgiving.com/davidbethanmills
    My winter and summer bike pics

http://oldwelshman.myphotoalbum.com
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philip99a</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    I have approximately 299 more than I need though, so I will .... b) post a handful to anyone who has not already bought 300 themselves.

One day we will all share things properly. You have all got things that I need and you don't, and vice versa. The web is a great place for this to get sorted.

I know there are sites for sharing/giving away stuff but I don't. Lazy tw@t I am.

Anyone do this web sharing/giving thing? I just take things to the tip. Cable ties to motor cars. Web sharing, good news??

Campag Super Nova; faster than a cannon ball

<font color="red">I have given away various bolts, spare bits, handlebars, etc on this site and have been given a few in return.

Nothing tops 'Fatbloke' giving me a mint-condition Apollo bike, when my dad was recovering from illness and could no longer run. I put some butterfly bars on it and he was chuffed to bits.

Now that's altruism!</font id="red">
  • An argument for a ReCycling forum on the Cycling Plus Forums?