Eejit

Totalnewbie
Totalnewbie Posts: 932
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
Came soooo close to T-boning an RLJ this morning...he sailed past a red light on oxford st, carefully checking that no traffic was coming - by looking the wrong way up a one way street.

Luckily I saw him in time and braked hard but couldn't help shouting at him that he was an idiot - he didn't even realise he'd nearly caused an accident because he was gazing up the other street and looked round in surprise to see where the shouting was coming from. If I'd been one of the Royal Mail vans that race up that road he would have been splatted.

On another topic, did anyone see the cabbie on the news last night on the feature about the carfree event on 23 Sept 'There's a time and a place for cyclists, and it's not London roads'. Mind you a cabbie let me turn right this morning so I guess it wasn't the same one eh!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... 400572.jpg

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I had a woman this morning who was concentrating so hard on passing me, that she failed to see the traffic island that she was approaching fastly. She had to hammer on the brakes, only to give me the finger as she passed!! I suppose I was laughing at her. BTW she got gnarled up in traffic about 50 yards down the road, that made me laugh as well[:D]

SNAPS
  • I had an occado van push me out of 2 lanes going round parliament square. He nipped to the right hand lane as we approached from millbank (because the queue was shorter) and then as we went round I was in the middle lane he just pulled in and forced me over, and then did it again so that he could turn left to go down Parliament st.

Bastardico.

Though on the plus side, a huge bin lorry patiently sat behind me for a couple of mins until he could give me the whole lane as he went past.

• georgeecp
    georgeecp Posts: 20
    Saw the BBC news article, but remember the cabbie decided 'oh thats about alright then' when he was told people would be using bikes on the roads of London on a Sunday as he'd be 'down the pub'.

Hats off to that ejit of a woman on High Street Ken last night who ploughed straight through the redlight into a crowd of about 15 people crossing the road. Obviously she was confused as when I asked if she understood the different colours I was met by stunned silence and had to ask four times if she spoke english before I was told she 'didn't know how it was any of my concern'
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    It was two different cabbies georgee, it was the second one that decided it was alright as long as it was on a Sunday...

• Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by georgee</i>
    Hats off to that ejit of a woman on High Street Ken last night who ploughed straight through the redlight into a crowd of about 15 people crossing the road. Obviously she was confused as when I asked if she understood the different colours I was met by stunned silence and had to ask four times if she spoke english before I was told she 'didn't know how it was any of my concern'
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Classic. Usually if people are going to be defensive because they know they've done wrong, they do it pretty snappily. She obviously needed even more thinking time...[;)]

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • georgeecp
    georgeecp Posts: 20
    The brilliance of it was she went straight onto the crossing, had to stop as was then surrounded by people, then decided to set off again across the junction which is part of the set of lights. So no, she fully understood what she was doing and was more than happy in her ignorance.
  • Tynancp
    Tynancp Posts: 160
    I could easily have collected two pedestrians on the last two journeys, frantic (ish) belling and shouting to alert people way out in the road and quite oblivious to me bearing down on them at speed, I'm amazed every time that people walk out into the road without even looking ahead let alone into the oncoming lane

the drivers have been good lately, some of them very good
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Totalnewbie</i>

On another topic, did anyone see the cabbie on the news last night on the feature about the carfree event on 23 Sept 'There's a time and a place for cyclists, and it's not London roads'. Mind you a cabbie let me turn right this morning so I guess it wasn't the same one eh!

We've been noticing how many wannabe new cabbies are learning the Knowledge in London recently. All zipping about on mopeds with the massive map... going the wrong way down one way streets... asking us "What street is this?"
    [}:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by overmars</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Totalnewbie</i>

We've been noticing how many wannabe new cabbies are learning the Knowledge in London recently. All zipping about on mopeds with the massive map... going the wrong way down one way streets... asking us "What street is this?"
    [}:)]

As someone who has been there,seen it,done it,got the book and now in a position to give advice i would say to any wannabe cabbie "give it up the games dead"[:D]

i'd rather have a bottle in front of me,than a frontal lobotomy

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

As someone who has been there,seen it,done it,got the book and now in a position to give advice i would say to any wannabe cabbie "give it up the games dead"[:D]

i'd rather have a bottle in front of me,than a frontal lobotomy

Not that there's any self interest of course..............

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621