T'Internet bike shops

celticstorm
celticstorm Posts: 24
edited June 2007 in Workshop
why is that some of the smaller bike shops on the web seem to be better than the big outfits for quality of service.
ordered a new outboard BB from julies cycles which is a fairly small affair on the tuesday arrived well packaged on wednesday (what I call great service).
However on the same day ordered a full chainset from bikebitsuk.com who I am led to believe are a large mail order company 9 days later and not a dicky bird not even an E-mail(they have another day then it's nippy phone call time)that I think it would be fair to say is pretty cack service was'nt even as if postage was cheap neither.

Is this the norm or have I jus been unlucky ??????

Comments

• I think there are good and bad examples of internet vendors of all sizes, some of the biggest do manage consistently good service (CRC, Wiggle).
  • I ordered a bike trailer from Edinburgh Co-Op yesterday afternoon. Got home 2 hours later and got an email telling me it will be delivered Thursday morning. Very impressed. Also I ordered some stuff from Condor on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived on the next morning. So far I have used Evans, Edinburgh, PBK, and Wiggle. Only one that took ages to arrive was Evans.

http://lifeonthetube.blogspot.com/
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    Primera are good; St Johns Street have been slow for me.

<font size="1">
    <b>No longer looking for a pennyfarthing as I've got some powerbocks instead. Casualty here I come!</b>
    It is by will alone I set my ride in motion.</font id="size1">
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.