Training whilst on a weeks holiday to Keswick

geo65
geo65 Posts: 2
We're off to Keswick this Saturday for a weeks holiday. I'll be taking my road bike along and am hoping to get in a couple of 2-3hr rides whilst there.

We're staying at a caravan site called... <b>Castlerigg Hall</b> 1.5 miles outside Keswick.

Anyone interested in hooking up for a bike ride or 2 ?

I don't know the roads down there so would be keen to meet up with a group or individuals.

I'm also wondering if there's a decent pool nearby where i can swim some lengths.

Thanks

Comments

• Lifeson
    Lifeson Posts: 327
    Hi Geo
    Small world, we are doing the same thing but in August.
    We are staying at Low Manesty just outside Keswick on Derwent Water. Like you I dont know the area but have used Toporoute to create this route to follow on my Garmin Edge Here (Zoom in to see route) which is about 25 miles and should be fairly easy to follow even without a GPS
    I am going to plot a few more to take in some of the harder climbs that should be in the area.

Are you staying at the CC site?

"You must return here with a shrubbery, or else, you will never pass through this wood... alive."
    "You must return here with a shrubbery, or else, you will never pass through this wood... alive."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by geo65</i>

We're off to Keswick this Saturday for a weeks holiday. I'll be taking my road bike along and am hoping to get in a couple of 2-3hr rides whilst there.

We're staying at a caravan site called... <b>Castlerigg Hall</b> 1.5 miles outside Keswick.

Anyone interested in hooking up for a bike ride or 2 ?

I don't know the roads down there so would be keen to meet up with a group or individuals.

I'm also wondering if there's a decent pool nearby where i can swim some lengths.

Thanks
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Keswick! Youve got some lovely cycling around there...and also some daunting stuff...Most notably both sides of the brutal Honister Pass, Newlands Pass, Whinlatter Pass, supposedly lovely cycling around the waters of Derwent...best guy I can think of to contact is my mate who lives in Ulverston and has a Cracking Website...he's the most helpful fella and will give great advice....

http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm

You can get his contact there...he will sort you out.