Can someone explain, please

bof
bof Posts: 372
edited June 2007 in Campaign
The difference between some of the postings on this site about simoncp and bullying - as I fail to see them.

I don't know the guy and don't share his opinions, but quite a lot of the topics he contributes to get postings from others that leave a nasty taste in the mouth.
The artist formally known as boring old fart

Comments

• ransos
    ransos Posts: 380
    Don't see it myself. Anyone else?
  • simoncp
    simoncp Posts: 3,260
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bof</i>

The difference between some of the postings on this site about simoncp and bullying - as I fail to see them.

I don't know the guy and don't share his opinions, but quite a lot of the topics he contributes to get postings from others that leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's not bullying, it's righteous indignation - so righteous it that rudeness is permitted. Personally I can't understand such behaviour. I'm right about everything all the time, but I don't stoop to such tactics.
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bof</i>

I think his extreme levels of bitterness, negativity and conspiracy theory means he is largely bringing any comments on himself. And I would imagine he would get a good feeling from it as he probably takes it all the wrong way anyway.

Don't think it is bullying though. Can you be bullied on a forum, you would just not bother using it anymore if you felt people kept having a go at you wouldn't you?
  • ransos
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simoncp</i>
    It's not bullying, it's righteous indignation - so righteous it that rudeness is permitted. Personally I can't understand such behaviour. I'm right about everything all the time, but I don't stoop to such tactics.
    On another thread you asked me if I masturbated whilst watching the BBC. I don't think you should comment any more on the tactics you will stoop to.
  • Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Posts: 703
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ransos</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simoncp</i>
    On another thread you asked me if I masturbated whilst watching the BBC. I don't think you should comment any more on the tactics you will stoop to.

Masturbating to the BBC!

Not as bad as cracking one out to Sky Super Sunday, though! [:D]
    Dave
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ransos</i>

Well said.
    What was the answer by the way?[:)]

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • simoncp

Well do you? Some people get œ6 million per year for asking such questions, and I do it for free. What's your problem?
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907

Well do you? Some people get œ6 million per year for asking such questions, and I do it for free. What's your problem?

I guess you just haven't got the personality to get away with it.
  • simoncp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

I guess you just haven't got the personality to get away with it.

Maybe not, but I'm œ6 million quid a year cheaper. So come on Ransos, do you or don't you?
  • ransos
    Ah Simon, you continue to live down to that which you accuse others of.

BTW, if you don't already, you might consider cracking one out whilst thinking of your beloved Mr Murdoch - it might help you relax a bit.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    FIGHT!
    FIGHT!
    FIGHT!
    FIGHT!

Pride speaks, but Elephants listen...
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bof</i>

Bof - you may now have come to the conclusion that, in general on this forum, if someone is on the receiving end, he's usually pretty good at dishing it out.
  • bof
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

Bof - you may now have come to the conclusion that, in general on this forum, if someone is on the receiving end, he's usually pretty good at dishing it out.

It was partly the one against many aspect - btw the idea of masturbating to the BBC is quite funny and makes a decent point.
  • ransos
    You might consider that his views are not shared by anyone else here? BTW - I couldn't see what the point about masturbating to the BBC was other than to make the kind of childish insult that he likes to accuse others of. Perhaps you could enlighten me?
  • bof
    Maybe some of his views are shared by others - not what I said.

His point about masturbating is a good one about the BBC's highest paid person asking the leader of the opposition whether he'd done so over Margaret Thatcher. I have no time for Cameron, but that was way out of line. Considering the context of his point, you seemed unduly upset when he made it.
  • ransos

Maybe some of his views are shared by others - not what I said.

His point about masturbating is a good one about the BBC's highest paid person asking the leader of the opposition whether he'd done so over Margaret Thatcher. I have no time for Cameron, but that was way out of line. Considering the context of his point, you seemed unduly upset when he made it.

Your first line doesn't make any sense. As for your second point, if he had asked whether or not I thought Ross's question was in good taste, I would have responded to that question. In fact what he asked was whether or not I masturbated whilst watching the BBC, together with some cryptic remarks that didn't make any sense to me as I don't watch that show. SimonCPs question to me was in extremely poor taste and I expect that most others here would agree. I wouldn't say I was upset about it though, as I said, I just find it deeply ironic that he sees himself as some kind of moral arbiter whilst at the same time asking rather lewd questions on here.