Dragon Ride - a moan

Yes I had a good day out but these are public roads that I could have ridden anyway. For FREE. What did I pay œ25 for?

Not the water at the second stop on the long course (there was none)

Not the food at the third (there was none)

Not the event T shirt

Not even the shower!

I would like to thank the marshalls who did an excellent job, but Lou and his team will have to do better to impress the likes of the UCI if they want to be part of the Golden Bike series.

And lastly the 'Energy Degreaser!', what are they thinking of?!! If this was the USA.....

A poor attempt at supporting the bike riding paying public. œ50,000 is a whole lotta cash. Don't be greedy!

Comments

• Cant argue with your points 2,3,4,5 since when i went through nno problem at all. I paid œ25 for well marshalled roads to ride with 2300 other like minded "fools" [:)] I moaned about the CGF so I kind of understand where you are coming from, but yesterday was much better.

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by moreearsthangears</i>

Yes I had a good day out but these are public roads that I could have ridden anyway. For FREE. What did I pay œ25 for?

Not the water at the second stop on the long course (there was none)

Not the food at the third (there was none)

Not the event T shirt

Not even the shower!

I would like to thank the marshalls who did an excellent job, but Lou and his team will have to do better to impress the likes of the UCI if they want to be part of the Golden Bike series.

And lastly the 'Energy Degreaser!', what are they thinking of?!! If this was the USA.....

A poor attempt at supporting the bike riding paying public. œ50,000 is a whole lotta cash. Don't be greedy!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Whats wrong with the de greaser? The tase was not nice but my teeth are gleaming and this morning I did not even have to wipe my arse :-)
    I hope the others in hospital were ok though and I showed the paramedics my sis gel and the de greaser and they could not believe how similar they were and said they have to report it as a health issue and ensure it would not happen again.

Feel free to browse and donate:
    http://www.justgiving.com/davidbethanmills
    My winter and summer bike pics

http://oldwelshman.myphotoalbum.com
  • Not really a moan, more constructive critiscm:

The intermediate time mat on the long route in the laybay wasn't well signposted. Nearly missed until I twigged what the guy in attendance was asking me to do. In swerving over it, I nearly wiped out the guy on my wheel........apologies fella.

A <font size="3">REALLY BIG SIGN</font id="size3"> and some cones would have been helpful.
  • ................ohhh and next year, can you get the route re-laid in the foam rubber they use for kids playgrounds so it doesn't hurt so much when you bounce off it! [xx(]
  • Sh*t ive just cleaned my bike with blackcurrant sis gel....[:)]

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SteveR_100Milers</i>

Sh*t ive just cleaned my bike with blackcurrant sis gel....[:)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Get oldwelshman to try it as chain lube - might just slow him down enough so I can hold onto his wheel [:p]