Mudguards For Giant SCR?

DavidTQ
DavidTQ Posts: 943
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
OK need to get some mudguards for my giant SCR.

Popped into the LBS on my way home today and on their advice brought some mudguards that I think are race blades, the shop didnt seem to think that despite having eyes etc for full guards that there was clearance for full guards?

However the rubber mounts that come with these mudguards dont work on the front forks because its a wider than normal carbon fork, and dont work at the rear because the seat stays are curved rather than straight. Anyone got some recomendations on where to get some full mudguards that fit a SCR?

Comments

• pw1brown
    pw1brown Posts: 243
    I can't give a direct answer, but some encouragement. I saw a lady the other day with full mudguards fitted on her SCR 2. They were narrow and black, but - sorry - I don't know what make. I'm wanting to find some for myself too. Please let me know what you get.

You might as well take the race blades back to the shop, I guess.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Yep
    Full guards will fit the SCR range, I've seen 2 and I think Jaded on this forum has photos of his 2.0 with full guards.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • sks chromoplastic 35 mmm guards fit, you can get them from parker international or ribble cycles.
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    Cheers for that [:D] Full guards seem to be very much needed this summer [:D]
  • And the rest, I think a pedalo's the way to go looking out of the window!!
  • Jaeger
    Jaeger Posts: 439
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DavidTQ</i>

OK need to get some mudguards for my giant SCR.

Popped into the LBS on my way home today and on their advice brought some mudguards that I think are race blades, the shop didnt seem to think that despite having eyes etc for full guards that there was clearance for full guards?

However the rubber mounts that come with these mudguards dont work on the front forks because its a wider than normal carbon fork, and dont work at the rear because the seat stays are curved rather than straight. Anyone got some recomendations on where to get some full mudguards that fit a SCR?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I ride a Giant SCR 3.0 and have fitted clip-on SKS Raceblades without a problem...!?! As long as you stretch the rubber 'grips' tight they hold position pretty well.