Polar S725X Problems

Rudd
Rudd Posts: 264
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Am now the proud owner of a new Polar S725X, does anyone have one of these, and can help me set it up? I am having real problems getting it to measure my bikes speed. I have set up the spoke magnet and fork 'transmitter' and i know that the two are working as there is a small click for every wheel revolution. Trouble is the watch doesn't show any speed - has anyone else had this problem and can point me in the right direction? Also is there a way to amend the odometer to my current total?

Any help much appreciated.

Rudd

Comments

• is it not showing any speed at all or showing a speed of zero?

with mine, speed isnt the default showing on the display when it first starts off, I have to press the bottom right button twice to get to the speed readout.
  • Rudd
    its showing the speed as 0.0 - i'm crap but not that crap!
  • Briancp
    Briancp Posts: 42
    Rudd
    The trouble with this HRM is that it can read the speed of one runner and two bikes, and need to be told which. Go to OPTIONS, then press red,scroll to SPEED. It doesn't matter if it says either OFF or SET, you must scroll using the right side buttons until you get to BIKE1, if this is on then use bottom left button to go back to main display. A small bicycle icon will appear above the heart symbol. Get on the bike, press red to initialise the HRM, then red again to start recording.
    It is v good once you get it to work. Altitude can also be turned on but will reduce the time you can record without downloading to computer. Also it needs reset every ride as atmospheric pressure changes.
    You cant put your personal totals into HRM to start, you can only reset to zero.
    Hope this helps
    Brian
  • does it work with the watch right next to the transmitter? Mine didnt work when it was mounted on the bars until someone pointed out I'd mounted the transmitter upside down and was beaming the signal into the road.
  • donald_ii
    donald_ii Posts: 98
    Does the LED on the spoke transmitter flash a couple of times when you first spin the wheel ?

If your using it on a MTB, you might need to open up the transmitter and move the links to high power setting - to increase the operating distance range.

My ride procedure is:

press start - wait for the hrm chest unit to be found
    press start again - to start recording
    press down twice to get speed on the display
    once home press stop twice
  • Rudd
    Thanks everyone, these replies give me some things to check. I'm pretty sure it must be the transmitter that I need to look at, and I've certainly not noticed the flashing led [:I .

Does anyone have any ideas on the Odometer function? Can I amend the value?