œ650 off Cannondales

allaction
allaction Posts: 209
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Hi, I've just treat myself to some new wheels from Scotby Cycles in Carlisle http://bikebike.co.uk/ I live fairly close by and happened to see they have 2006 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105's for œ999, a saving of some œ650 on last years price. Absolute beauty, was just about to part with my cash when the salesman alerted me to the 2007 model which they are doing with œ500 off! Stunning machine, doesn't come up with that price on the website for some reason which is why I had'nt known beforehand but worth a call if anyone interested.

Comments

• Steveorow
    Steveorow Posts: 162
    I got the 2006 Carbon synapse with Ultegra for 1500 notes( funnily enough œ650 of as well )about 6 months ago . Great bike and tried a few other brands when I was purchasing .
    The 2007 models have a wider range of gears on the compact chainset but heh you can do that yourself for less than the œ150 difference between the 2006 and 2007 models . Mines is the "stealth black" colour . Had to change the stem length which was a little to short and the bars which were a little to narrow . Fit now perfect for me .
    Cannondales now with Liquigas team who won the Giro so a little qudos as well for the brand .
  • rohloff-rich
    rohloff-rich Posts: 232
    Ooops... seeing this post just got expensive...!!

I've tried the darkside and now I want a slice of the action...
    An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...
  • allaction
    http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/cgi-bin/trol ... ISLULTCOMP This isn't the exact model I bought (though they do have one discounted to œ1550 I think) but the colour scheme is the same. Might take it to bed tonight it's so lovely!
  • rohloff-rich
    rohloff-rich Posts: 232
    Interesting link

I've tried the darkside and now I want a slice of the action...
    An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...
  • allaction
    Bike of the year, and me rider of the year, what's the odds on that!
  • steviemc
    steviemc Posts: 54
    Feckers.....i paid œ1575 for my synapse carbon 105 (stealth black)last year.At the time they were discounting the silver ones to œ1350 at online shops.But i wanted to try it for size and the LBS would not discount to much.At the time i was ok about paying near full whack to get the colour i wanted....but œ999 thats a steal....Fitted mine with a set of Fulcrum racing 1's....Fantastic bike...