Triathlon Tip

jonmitchell26
jonmitchell26 Posts: 9
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Does anyone know how long you should rest between events?? Basically my dilema is that i am booked in for my first Sprint Triathlon. I feel ready and have been training really hard so am confident of getting through unscathed. There is another event i am looking to enter but it is only 7 days later. Do you think this is slightly ambitious or is it just down to the individual??

Comments

• domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    Rest in between and you'll be fine. Recovery rides only until Wednesday/Thursday, a short but high intensity workout then and then rest until your next event. Make sure your nutrition is up to speed too, plenty of carbs and protein after all your events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    FREE GIFT CARDS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • My non-expert opinion is that you will probably take less than two hours to complete it, which is about the same length as a football match or a rugby match and loads of people play those sports once a week or more. I think you'll be fine.
  • Great news!! Ive got the bug at the moment! Thanks for the response! I will read up on the nutrition side of things for that week!