All Drivers Speed

13»

Comments

• Cretin
    Cretin Posts: 266
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AC</i>

Where did JamesAC say that he was driving permanently in one of the overtaking lanes, cretin?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Where did he say there was more than one overtaking lane AC?
  • ACcp
    ACcp Posts: 655
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cretin</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AC</i>

Where did JamesAC say that he was driving permanently in one of the overtaking lanes, cretin?

Where did he say there was more than one overtaking lane AC?

He didn't say there was more than one overtaking lane. However, he also didn't say that the moon was made of cheese. He did say he was catching up with someone in the middle lane who may not necessarily be a numpty, for example, perhaps they are overtaking a lorry travelling at 60mph.

So you chastised him for permanently driving in one of the overtaking lanes, even though he did not say he was, and there was no justification to infer that he was. So you told him off for something you have no evidence that he did.

At least cameras have evidence!

I suppose you could gratefully accept that maybe you were a bit hasty?

I don't eat newly created species of marine life, or even newly discovered species of marine life for that matter, but if I did eat any sort of marine life, I would use this guide: -www.fishonline.org/information/MCSPocket_Good_Fish_Guide.pdf
    I don\'t eat newly created species of marine life, or even newly discovered species of marine life for that matter, but if I did eat any sort of marine life, I would use this guide: -www.fishonline.org/information/MCSPocket_Good_Fish_Guide.pdf
  • Cretin
    Cretin Posts: 266
    Hasty quite possibly.

I notice you didn't mention anything about his poor driving though. Is that less important?
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cretin</i>

Driving like that you won't last long. The correct procedure would have been to leave enough space ahead for both of you to safely brake to a halt. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think you may have to elaborate on this a bit more. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's just the wording that isn't great.

• ACcp
    ACcp Posts: 655

Hasty quite possibly.

I notice you didn't mention anything about his poor driving though. Is that less important?

Well, good on you for agreeing you were hasty.

I think it is still a stretch to say that JamesAC displayed poor driving skills. Had he said 'The lane behind was clear for 100's of meters back to a BMW, that I thought would not catch me up before I completed my manouvre', you could debate poor driving skills. And it would indeed be a debate as perhaps the BMW could have chilled out and slowed down without even the need for braking, as soon as he saw JamesAC in the outside lane. Rather than booting up behind him and flashing his lights, which is the rather anti social behaviour that JamesAC was referring to.

But he didn't say that, and so you are being too hasty again.

I don't eat newly created species of marine life, or even newly discovered species of marine life for that matter, but if I did eat any sort of marine life, I would use this guide: -www.fishonline.org/information/MCSPocket_Good_Fish_Guide.pdf
    I don\'t eat newly created species of marine life, or even newly discovered species of marine life for that matter, but if I did eat any sort of marine life, I would use this guide: -www.fishonline.org/information/MCSPocket_Good_Fish_Guide.pdf
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    Be very careful cretin

You're discussing a perfect example of why drivers should not be allowed to ignore speed limits and instead choose their own 'safe' speed.

Overtaking on the motorway means that the overtaker needs to have some idea of what speed to expect other traffic to be moving at. The aggressive BMW driver would no doubt say that he was travelling at his own chosen safe speed, even as he was up behind the overtaking car trying to bully him out of the way.

An excellent driver like yourself would not be suggesting that approaching at over 100mph traffic that is doing 65mph without anticipating any possible overtaking manoeuvre is safe, and would certainly not seek to apportion sole blame of any conflict on the driver who is following correct procedure, would he?

• Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Don't the SStormtroopers believe that you should drive as fast as possible past the other vehicle to minimise the time 'available' for a collision?

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K