Kloden and Sastre for TDF

Mr Bumble
Mr Bumble Posts: 572
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Not looking very promising for Sastre's Tour dreams after not being able to hold it in the Swiss Alps...

<b>And Klodi took 3minutes out of him in the TT!!![:0]</b>

Comments

• My german mate loves Kloden but he thinks that being on Vino's team will mess it up for him.

You can just imagine hime attacking and Vino pacing his rival straight back to his wheel.

Didn't something happen like that with T-Mobile's 3-pronged assault against Armstrong?
  • celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    Klodi is a class act on the bike, but he seems to lack the killer instinct. He generally follows wheels on the big climbs. Also he has been denied a couple of stage wins, one by LA at Villard De Lans when he was well clear with about 75m to go but let Amrstrong outsprint him.

Sastre will go better in the TDF but again his testing is not the best.

Ben
  • TheBigOne
    TheBigOne Posts: 99
    well both have yet to sign the new 'declaration i am dope free' document, and whilst i can see CSC signing it... something tells me that Kloden might not be signing this, and there might not be able to race...
  • Radsman
    Radsman Posts: 122
    is it a clear requirement that they have to sign to participate? I thought it was just encouraged?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Radsman</i>

is it a clear requirement that they have to sign to participate? I thought it was just encouraged?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

They're probably just keeping it ambiguous so they can kick them out at the last minute if they feel like it....
  • It seems more than likely that the winner will come from the Astana team. Perhaps they'll be so far ahead of the rest that they'll be allowed to just fight it out between them. I suppose Valverde might push them.
  • Just for the record, his name is Kl”den, which we'd spell 'Kloeden'.

tea is good
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Those crazy foreigners and there funny letters! How'd you do an ” without cutting and pasting?
  • alt + 0246

tea is good
  • vinofan
    vinofan Posts: 5
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Spawn of Cabbie</i>

My german mate loves Kloden but he thinks that being on Vino's team will mess it up for him.

You can just imagine hime attacking and Vino pacing his rival straight back to his wheel.

Didn't something happen like that with T-Mobile's 3-pronged assault against Armstrong?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Haven't you got that the wrong way round? Was it not Kl”den who towed Ullrich back to Vino's wheel after he had attacked (when they were all team mates at T Mobile)?? [V]

This season I be mostly wearing cyan.
    This season I be mostly wearing cyan.
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    You're right vinofan, although the term 'team mates' may be a little off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy