What I Would Like

2»

Comments

• _Bonj_
    _Bonj_ Posts: 39
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by linfordlunchbox</i>

Too big brother for me Bonj.

If insurance companies were to come up with a decent discount for a tracker with 3pft insurance for bikes, then it would become desirable, if not, it would be an infringement of personal liberties IMO
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Why is whether it's classed as an "infringement of civil liberties" or not dependent on whether you make financial gain out of it?
    It would be optional anyway, the only thing that wouldn't be optional would be paying the tenner in the first place. It could possibly be enforced by forcing bike shops to require a valid license before selling you a bike or a frame.

I wasn't actually talking about GPS tracker, I was talking about an RFID chip, that can be sensed by sensors on lamp-posts or passing police cars only if an alert is put out that that bike has been nicked - but either way the question still applies.
  • _Bonj_
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ravenbait</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by linfordlunchbox</i>

I was taking Bonj's post seriously as he (IMO) truly believes in what he says Sam. The OP is trolling (IMO)

If you don't debate the merits, you will not change opinion !
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I don't think any amount of debating is going to change bonj's opinion, and I don't think it really matters, given that we're talking about <b>someone who professed the belief that we're going to escape global warming by tractor-beaming another planet close enough for us to move to it</b>.
    Ah right, so <i>any</i> post I <i>ever</i> make MUST be invalid.
    I see.
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Maturity be damned, the chap's a festering co<i></i>ck of sperm whale proportions... [;)]

FM's obviously fresh from writing end of year reports on his students.[;)]

How can you tell? [;)]

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • _Bonj_
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Maturity be damned, the chap's a festering co<i></i>ck of sperm whale proportions... [;)]

I presume you meant to post that in the other thread in campaign...
  • Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

FM's obviously fresh from writing end of year reports on his students.[;)]

How can you tell? [;)]

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety
    [ Jumps in quick][:p]
    Ok FM now your demob happy (temp I'm sure) could you please give us your unexpurgated opinion of Simoncp [:)]

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by _Bonj_</i>

I presume you meant to post that in the other thread in campaign...

Hang on.... no, no mistake. I've just checked, and he's definitely a festering co<i></i>ck of sperm whale proportions on both threads... [:D]

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum