Genesis DualTrack 1.0 anyone ?

AINSLEY WILLS
AINSLEY WILLS Posts: 20
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Anyone on here using this model ?
I ended up buying one yesterday, not the bike I thought I was going to buy so I was a bit surprised.
Had test rides on the Ridgeback Comet and Velocity.
Very nice light bikes IMO but just to skitty and wobbly to me, may be because of me big frame .. hahaha. Anyway, just didn't like the feel or handling of them and the thin wheels.
Then the guy suggested a Genesis DualTrack 1.0 and straight away I was hooked. Just felt right, nicely balanced and stable. Took if further than the other two bikes and it felt so much better in traffic too, went back and bought it.
Big tyres and may not be right for a lot of the trecking I'll be doing on the road but I'll certainly be happy taking it more off road then just a dirt track now. Guy in the shop said I could always change the tyres and get another set of rims with a more roadlike tyre.

Had a great ride on it yesterday afternoon and realised how unfit I was ... hahaha ....... and bliddy typical it's tipping it down again today [:(]

Comments

• Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Proves that getting a bike that feels right counts for everything[:)]

Richard

Best thing I ever bought for a bike?
    Padded shorts![:D]
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Certainly does, like is said it just wasn't the bike I was expecting to buy.
    Happy with my purchase though, it's great.