Another Cycle to work thread

Comments

• photojonny
    photojonny Posts: 382
    yes.

where there's two wheels, there's a way....

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    get the **** in!!!!!!!!! my dad has allowed me to 'borrow' his cycle to work scheme and im going to get myself an absolute beaut of a bianchi! what sort of prices are they relative to? similar to evans or more/less?

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bikeim9.jpg
  • photojonny
    photojonny Posts: 382
    Full list price, which I think will be the same as Evans prices for 07 bikes?

• spasypaddy
    wonderful :D i can now find the bike i want and get ordering and cycling a beautiful bianchi. i want it in the celeste colour or not at all! plus i cant decide whether i want shimano or compagnalo (i know shimano on a bianchi is sacrilege!)

• RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 500
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spasypaddy</i>

get the **** in!!!!!!!!! my dad has allowed me to 'borrow' his cycle to work scheme<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bear in mind that your dad will need to use the bike for 50% or more of the time for work related travel for him not to get st!ffed by the taxman. Though how they would ever police it.....

Just proceed with caution if you are a significantly different bike sizes, or he is inclined to boast about what he's done at work!

YMMV - Rufus.
  • spasypaddy
    nah it'll be fine im only an inch or two taller than my dad and he doesnt work in an office!

• I am also trying to order a Bianchi through Halfords. They say they can get the bike I want but it could take up to 3 months for delivery!
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RufusA</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spasypaddy</i>

get the **** in!!!!!!!!! my dad has allowed me to 'borrow' his cycle to work scheme<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bear in mind that your dad will need to use the bike for 50% or more of the time for work related travel for him not to get st!ffed by the taxman. Though how they would ever police it.....

Just proceed with caution if you are a significantly different bike sizes, or he is inclined to boast about what he's done at work!

YMMV - Rufus.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Pretty easy to police I would have thought considering this a public forum and your ip address/contact info will be registered....Just the type of thing that a lurking tax inspector would love. Easy to make an example by saying "this is not how the scheme is intended to be used - I'll have the full money back thanks very much" plus as this is a deliberate act they will like prosecute as well.[;)]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spasypaddy</i>

which bike do you want?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think it was a generic Bianchi situation. I was after the Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon Ultegra 10spd.

By the time I get the bike it would have dropped in price. I think they are looking to really push the boardman bikes instead of sourcing others.
  • Just a word of warning about trying to get Halfords to order in anything. Theoretically, they will. In practice, it's been a long, hard slog for several months. Trying to get them to ring me back; or trying to get them to source a bike that I want. We've actually got to the point where they say they can hardly source anything, because it's the time when manufacturers are moving to '08 models. I was talking to a knowledgeable guy in Halfords yesterday, and he told me that, basically, Halfords don't make any money if they have to order in bikes as part of the cycle to work scheme. I've given up and am buying one of the Boardman models, but will be lobbying my employers to choose a new cycle to work supplier if they can.
  • Hey TomyGun

I have the catalogue of the boardman range they look pretty cool - i like the diamond shape of the crossbar. Which one are you going for?

my evil toad army will rule the world
    my evil toad army will rule the world