Thank you

berg
berg Posts: 21
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
<font face="Arial">I would just like to thank my local council for funding the superb resurfacing job they've recently completed on stretches of most of my normal routes. Those cheap, coarse, abrasive, uncomfortable, resistant, 'cycle friendly', speed destroying, noisy, paint ruining chippings are a real treat. </font id="Arial">

Comments

• A - W
    A - W Posts: 253
    At least yours has been resurfaced. [;)]
    FCN 10
  • Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    It would sitll be an imporvement over the current surface of some local roads in Deepest Darkest Londinium.

Town Mead Road in Fulham/Walham Green for example...

--
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I'd use that.
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • SPEEDY
    SPEEDY Posts: 407
    don't forget you are now target practice for cars etc, as they go past too fast
    & too close and splatter chippings into your leg,arm,and worst,ear
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Ah yes, the "cheap as chips" spray-on fix rather than putting on a proper 30mm of tarmacadam. Just had a road around my dad's done and it is lethal. Now that plenty of cars have driven over it there are little drifts of gravel/chippings right about where you normally cycle... nice [:(]

<font size="1">
    What do I ride? Now that's an <b><font color="black">Enigma</b></font id="black"> </font id="size1">

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • My local council relied on a high volume of 4x4 traffic to flatten the surface and embed the chips. Took a while, but worked in the end. Just hope we don't get scorching weather which reliquifies the tar - the resulting trenches make midwinter commuting even more exciting.
    No chain, no gain