VK Strong Box for free

Brian B
Brian B Posts: 2,071
edited June 2007 in Tour & expedition
Did not really know where to post this. I have a Strongbox which does not have any internal padding but does keep your bike safe and secure during flights and I have took my aluminium bike within it without any damage.

I live in Bo'ness West Lothian and I am giving this box away for free too any body that wants to pick it up. I have only used this box once and follow the link below for a look at the model.

http://www.vk-international.com/engels/kluis_engels.htm

Brian B.
Brian B.

Comments

• swt
    swt Posts: 237
    Hi, I am looking for a box, I am too far away to collect and wondered if you would send it to me if I paid the postage?
    Cheers
    Steve

swt
    swt
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by swt</i>

Hi, I am looking for a box, I am too far away to collect and wondered if you would send it to me if I paid the postage?
    Cheers
    Steve

swt
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah no probs. Email me from the forum and we could take it from there.

Thanks.

Brian B.
    Brian B.
  • stu99
    stu99 Posts: 177
    Brian - just out of interest, do you know how much this box weighs?

The reason I ask is that I was interested in buying one at one stage but when I queried the weight with the vendors they said there was no way it was 7kgs and was probably closer to the 10-12 kg range.

There seems to be some misleading advertising out there. For example, the Roof Box Touring Box bike case is advertised at 9.5kgs but when you add in the foam and fittings, it actually weighs over 12 kgs. This can be a problem if you are trying to stay within a 20kg luggage allowance.

Thanks for any input.