richmond to windsor

hi guys, did anybody do the london to windsor charity ride in 2006 in aid of bowel cancer, if so can you recommend the type of bike i should use for this years event, i have a road bike and a mountain bike, i am thinking more about not getting punctures than anything else so i was wondering if the route is likely to take you anywhere where road tyres would be unsuitable.

steveaps

Comments

• laurencecp
    laurencecp Posts: 3,866
    hiya

i didn't do it last year, but a few years back... there are a few off-road sections - mainly kingston to hampton court, but you can easily take the road (i think they offered that as an option anyway). i did it on a road bike and it was fine.

good luck

<font size="1">"When the earth is ripe all the worms wake up, with their stars 'n' stripes and their swastikas"
    "I may not go to heaven, i hope you go to hell" </font id="size1">
    <font>"When the earth is ripe all the worms wake up, with their stars \'n\' stripes and their swastikas"
    "I may not go to heaven, i hope you go to hell" </font>
  • thanks lawrence,

steveaps
  • pzycoman
    pzycoman Posts: 285
    Iv done it the last 4 years and to be honest, apart from teh first few miles which are on a path, the rest of it is on the road, you might as well get a road bike
    Professional Kitten Huffer