Cycling website looking for writers

Jonathan Roorda
Jonathan Roorda Posts: 4
edited December 1969 in Pro race
Hi all,

If you're interested in writing articles for an international roadcycling news-site, please read more here: http://www.cyclingpost.com/team/article_003630.shtml.

We're particularly interested in people willing and able to write three to seven (or more!) articles a week. In the future, we might ask you to conduct interviews or attend races, depending on your location.

Jonathan

Comments

• Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    I note you don't pay writers a bean. That's an interesting business model.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Suppose you might be able to blag your way into a few events though, if they gave you a press pass or the like. 3 - 7 a week FOC seems a bit much though

My bikes - http://flickr.com/photos/82587774@N00/

I want one of these !! http://www.ciclicasati.it/italiano/foto_laser.htm
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

I note you don't pay writers a bean. That's an interesting business model.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes Eurostar, we're looking for volunteers who really like to form part of a site like this.

If it's beans people want though, I'm sure we will be able to provide a jar :)
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    If you don't have the revenue to pay fees, how about some shares for writers? Does the site plan to make a profit one day?

Who has written the existing content on your site? How have they been rewarded?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I am a freelance journalist and a member of the NUJ and a firm believer that writers should be paid.

What's the point of going out? We're just going to end up back here anyway
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

If you don't have the revenue to pay fees, how about some shares for writers? Does the site plan to make a profit one day?

Who has written the existing content on your site? How have they been rewarded?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I am a freelance journalist and a member of the NUJ and a firm believer that writers should be paid.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Eurostar,

No, I understand your questions very well. Basically we're not looking for professional journalists like yourself since that's just a step too far.

We do need people who just like to write these articles next to their regular job or study, although journalism students might be a good option too.

The 3 to 7 articles a week is a guideline..people who like to write one article a week are also very welcome [:)]
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Sounds like music biz ethics to me.

If you want to get good content from people with real insight, ideas & contacts in the sport you'll have to find a way of generating enough revenue to pay them for the work they do. Otherwise ultimately your site will fail against ones with a better organized structure, same as with a pro bike team: Money talks and talent walks, especially with good freelancers.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">
  • You want people who can write?

who wrote the poll question about Jan Ullrich?

surely it should ask

Do you think/believe Jan used drugs?

george

2 Bikes
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/imjibi/Bikes