Comments

• that might not be that old, but i reckon these might be stolen

LANGSTER

not the only bikes he's selling btw

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • Black Keith
    Black Keith Posts: 224
    I reckon you're right..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Steve Austin</i>

.. but i reckon these might be stolen

...not the only bikes he's selling btw

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And every one a different reason for selling.
  • boxheadcp
    boxheadcp Posts: 161
    Steve, I spotted that and asked him a question about what size the frame was, whether it had a rear flip hub and what gear ratio it was running, this was the reply:

<i>the frame is 07 i dont no aboput the gear ratio but you can check it on evans its still in its original condition i havent made any changes</i>

Fills you with confidence doesen't it ;-)

He has listed his mobile on one of his other auctions and sounds like a little kid.
  • its on STW as well.

thing that bugs me is that they obviously look stolen (one of them even has the lock still attached to it!!).
    They can be contacted, mobile number. They're in Streatham.
    So whilst its not the greatest crime in the world.
    They have possibly several thousands of bikes that they've pinched

and the POLICE won't be interested!

yet if i cycle down the high street today, i'll get fined [V]

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • This is very suspicious. 5 bikes, all with poor or inaccurate descriptions, different reasons for selling. Please tell me there is a means of flagging to either ebay or, better yet, plod.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I saw the langster, asked similar questions got vague answers. In my eyes definitely a dodgy bike seller with zero feedback.
  • another strange one

http://murl.se/25882

a Madone for 1200 dollars?????

buy it now.

george

2 Bikes
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/imjibi/Bikes
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Who would buy an S-Works full-susser MTB for about œ2.5k for a charity ride and then put it on e-bay for œ500 - particularly when they've already got a Langster?
  • gralegav
    gralegav Posts: 94
    For someone with time on their hands:
    1. create a couple of new ebay accounts with redirected email addresses
    2. bid all of the bikes up to around the œ1 million mark!
    3. leave the t0sser to explain to ebay when he gets hit for some big sellers fees.....
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Unfortunately ebay are pretty savvy and probably identify/verify accounts via their IP address, so creating a new account from a machine with an already registered IP address would be difficult - anyone got a spare computer / IP address we could borrow?
  • southlaker
    southlaker Posts: 1,199
    Public libraries?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Changing IP addresses is very simple with my ISP. Simply disconnect and reconnect, hay presto new IP.
  • That allegedly-stolen Langster's no longer for sale. Wonder what happened?
  • hubgearfreak
    hubgearfreak Posts: 480
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yello</i>
    Please tell me there is a means of flagging to either ebay or, better yet, plod.

send plod an email. i have, and if they get a few, they're more likely to act

new.scotland.yard@met.police.uk
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xroads</i>

Changing IP addresses is very simple with my ISP. Simply disconnect and reconnect, hay presto new IP.

Not really. All you get is a new address on you ISP's network, not the Internet.