Car

JGT123
JGT123 Posts: 3
edited June 2007 in Tour & expedition
Does anyone out there own a Rover75/MGZT?

If you do is it possible to fit a normal commuter bike in the boot (not a folding one!) with the seats folded down?

If not, what saloon cars can people recommend that can hold a bike in the boot?

Ta

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    If I take the wheels off I can get my hybrid in the boot of my girlfriend's Skoda Fabia (same size as a VW Polo) with the seats folded down, so I'd be pretty shocked if you couldn't get it in.
  • JGT123
    JGT123 Posts: 3
    thank you, should have pointed out that my wheels dont come off without at least 30mins of bad language so my intention is to keep them on if possible
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Ah. In that case, I have no experience of getting a bike into a car that size, nor any experience of getting a bike with the wheels still on into any car.

So I've no idea!
  • You could buy a carrier to fit on the back of the car

george

2 Bikes
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/imjibi/Bikes
  • orienteer
    orienteer Posts: 752
    I did try to get my (undivided) Moulton into the boot of a Rover 75 when it first appeared in showrooms, but the boot opening was too narrow.

Anyone seen my bearings?
    Anyone seen my bearings?
  • HarryDcp
    HarryDcp Posts: 57
    The Rover 75 saloon has a large boot but not all models have folding rear seats so as a bike carrier it's not that good. I used roof bars.

The estate version will take a bike easily but the floor is not very low because it has a central "tunnel" that was designed in for rear wheel drive or 4x4. Its easier to get 2 bikes in a Rover 45 than a 75.

Rumour has it that the Germans wouldn't allow a more flexible floor plan to be developed.

Ciclista
    Ciclista