What Next?

I have been a cycle commuter for a couple of years.

Recently Ive taken do doing some longer (40mish) weekend rides.

Usually a Sunday morning about 6am Kesgrave to Aldborough and back, home before the families properly awake.
Enjoy the longer rides enough to by a new allez and dangerous Dave has bought a posh sirrus. still pretty fat and unfit but fairly comfortable with this sort of distance now, what sort of orginised events might we consider.

Sportive,Audux,Etape its all a bit confusing any recomendations?? Local is better and something our lack of fitness would not embarass too much.

Thanks

<font size="1">Work</font id="size1">
<font size="1">Play</font id="size1">

Comments

• bof
    bof Posts: 372
    I'd suggest Audax. There are quite a lot of events, entry fee is low and having to keep to a lower limit of 15 kph is not too challenging, allowing for decent breaks. Otherwise, what about joining a cycling club?
    The artist formally known as boring old fart
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    go with the audax rides, they are non competitive and you can choose the distance (they usually have a 70 miler, 100 miler and 150 miler for each ride with stops). you can go what speed you like but you need to complete in the timescale allowed (about 10 hours i think for some). they do some shorter 50 ones but if you can do 40 miles already go for a 70 mile one, you might surprise yourself.

here's a link to the calendar

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/index.htm

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia