Nasty Dog Attack near Chirk

I was attacked this morning by a pack of 5 or 6 (working dogs by the look) collies on the bridleway near Pen-yGwely reservoir heading to Foel Rhiwlas. The "owner" (a lady of about 60) had no control at all and the animals were running as a pack. When one of them took a chunk out of my leg, she frankly didn't give a s**t and kept rambling on about people not closing gates. I pointed out the blood running down my leg and she claimed not to have seen anything. By this point both myself and my riding partner were very nervous as the dogs were all circling and snarling, so we asked her to get them away and she left. I reported the matter to Wrexham police who were very interested and will get back to me. I hate to imagine what it would be like for walkers with young children or horse riders who encountered these dogs. If you ride in that area - look out. I am pretty handy at dealing with dogs, getting my bike between me & them, getting eye contact etc. etc. but when there are 5 big farm dogs, you just can't cope. I turned away from the first dog to deal with another and the first on leapt a gate and went straight into the back of my leg. If you have a similar encounter with these dogs, please let the police know - this is no overreaction - we are both in our 40's with years of off road riding experience.

In search of the ultimate gag...

Comments

• yenrodcp
    yenrodcp Posts: 9,991
    A mate of mine mentioned a section of road closeish to my locale and its like a long s bend section of road.

We went down to see if we could check out the owner of the farm like house the my froeind said the dog just ran down the pathway to the gate, through it and after him - though he used the bike to good effect by smacking it with it and it backed down.

Great post, Huddo - this is an obvious problem in the WREAXHAM area !!!

[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
    [;)] \'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Don't blame the dogs, as you say that number is an efficient pack. have a border collie and they're actually brilliant dogs of course. The stupid irresponsible owner is at fault, Hopefully she will be fined or similar.

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.