major nichols

bonescp
bonescp Posts: 181
edited June 2007 in Workshop
the local free paper is aking for anybody who has owned a major nichols frame to cantact them with any intresting story conected with it to
the Chronicle
Black Lake
West Bromwich
b70 oqb
he was a frame builder who lived in smethwick http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bu ... chols.html

sadly passed away 2 year ago he as intresting story so it would be nice if anybody with a story and photos to get in touch.

john

Comments

• Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    Try posting in special interests, I think Pete Beer has a Nichols.
  • pedalrog
    pedalrog Posts: 633
    I don't think I have any particularly interesting points about Major Nichols except that he was a cantankerous devil, woe betide you if you dared go into his shop for a bike that you wanted. Oh no, you would get what he wanted to build. Having said all that He was actually quite a nice bloke once you got to know him, it was overcoming that familiarity hurdle that was difficult. I owned a Major Nichols Record, bought it new in 1985 and rode it until 1998, sold the frame 2 years ago to a club mate. Very good frame it was too. It always attracted lots of interest, it was beautifully made with Majors special seat stay wrapover and nice lugs.