Focus Cayo Expert - 10/10!

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
There's always loads of chat on here about the Cayo's so I thought its worth bringing up that the Cayo Expert got best on test in C+'s race bikes under œ1500! It beat a Scott CR1, PBK Team and a Condor Bellissima.

I always pay special attention to how they do in mags as I've got one of there MTBs and I recommended a Cayo (standard) to a mate while back and he fricking loves it!

I'm forever saving up to try and get a nice carbon road machine, my goal is œ1000 but then again, maybe I should wait a bit longer and hold out for the Expert at œ1400!

Comments

• I've got a focus mtb also,if they build their road bikes the same they will be top notch imo
  • wherryman
    wherryman Posts: 77
    but they just look OTT with all the decals !
  • Norvcp
    Norvcp Posts: 1,485
    I want the Variado expert!! - œ800

"Prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn"

"Prejudice burns brighter when it\'s all we have to burn"
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    Don't make my willy tingle I'm afraid, good vfm I'll concede that, but lack that intangible 'something' - crossers ain't bad thou.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I wouldn't buy one sorry

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    If you look at the groupset/parts you get for the money then its a lot better than others. But didnt they have a problem with the front mech on some Cayos ?

And if you do get a problem then you have to sent it to Wiggle and then it will more then likely be on the way to Germany.

To much agro for me, but if your prepared for that and have confidence in the after sales support then its a good buy.

My Ebay Sales - Shimano 105 10SPD RH Lever | Assos Equipe Jersey
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    they do look like good value - one of the guys in the office has just bought the std cayo - œ1k for an ultegra carbon bike - great value...

.... but they just don't float my boat I'm afraid.
  • Its not pretty, granted, although it looks better in the flesh, but it is as good to ride as reported. Mate has a Giant and both of us reckon the Cayo is more responsive and more enjoyable to ride.

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • denzil023
    denzil023 Posts: 27
    I love my Cayo! [^]
  • sibx
    sibx Posts: 102
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by daowned</i>

And if you do get a problem then you have to sent it to Wiggle and then it will more then likely be on the way to Germany.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Unless it's a frame problem I can't see why it would be sent back to Germany. I mean its not exactly cheap for Wiggle if they had to do this as well.

Any other problems with components and stuff, I'm sure you could just send back to Wiggle if you really had to, or take to a LBS like I do.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Just been reading the test in C+, really wish they'd included a planet x in the comparison. I had decided on the pro carbon ultegra alta race build for my next bike, but now I'm not so sure. It's a nice problem, but a dilemma none the less!
  • Norvcp
    Norvcp Posts: 1,485
    I just hope the cheaper bikes will be as good as the more expensive cayo. Looking at the spec of the variado expert, i can't see why not

"Prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn"

"Prejudice burns brighter when it\'s all we have to burn"