2 pairs of shorts for 100 miles

david dcp
david dcp Posts: 47
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Hi there
I am riding the 100 Cyclone tomorrow, the only problem I am having is when I have ridden over 60 miles is a pain in the behind, a friend advised wearing 2 pairs of shorts.
Does anybody else do this or should I grin and bear it.
Thanks for any advise

Comments

• hot rod
    hot rod Posts: 412
    don't wear two, the shorts are designed for one pair only [:)]
    your butt will get used to it [:0]
  • Buy some Sudacrem from Boots and rub some of that into your, ahem, saddle contact area before you put your shorts on.

You'll be very comfortable and be able to enjoy the ride.
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    Wearing a couple of pairs of pants under your shorts might be better that two pairs of shorts

Snake
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    No pants!. Defeats the object of the nice soft padding in the shorts. I go with the Sudacreme option. Works for me. Maybe you should try a differenct make of shorts.

Don't worry the man said, things could be worse. And sure enough, they got worse
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    On <u><b>no</b></u> account wear pants under your shorts - you <i>will </i>chafe. Some kind of chamois cream is the way forward, and if your shorts fit you properly you won't have a problem. Rubbing problems are far more likely to be due to saddle fit that shorts fit.
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Be very very generous with the Sudocrem.
  • Sudocream rules! But make sure you slap it on thick!!!

I'm not a failure - I'm a deferred success!
  • There are quite a few fans on here (including me) of Assos Chamois Cream, expensive as it is.

That's Mr. Universe to you
    Universe