Oversensitive.

2»

Comments

• jimstercp
    jimstercp Posts: 236
    He acted wrongly in that he should have taken his complaint directly to an internet forum!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

I used to find at my workplace that people were very sensitive to being told the truth. After a few incidents where management became involved in petty matters it was suggested we just told each other what we thought - since then we have all become more measured in our criticism and work better as a team. Everyone is comfortable having "issues" with one another. And I would win a "square go" out the back anyway [;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">If I told that nasty little trollop in the corner of this office what I think of her I doubt that it would result in "working better as a team".

But then we haven't spoken since March 2005, so that's not likely to happen...
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    If she hasn't spoken to you for that long, it's obvious that she fancies you.
  • Well, who wouldn't? But [xx(] [xx(] [xx(] anyway
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickM</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

I used to find at my workplace that people were very sensitive to being told the truth. After a few incidents where management became involved in petty matters it was suggested we just told each other what we thought - since then we have all become more measured in our criticism and work better as a team. Everyone is comfortable having "issues" with one another. And I would win a "square go" out the back anyway [;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">If I told that nasty little trollop in the corner of this office what I think of her I doubt that it would result in "working better as a team".

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

But for all you know she's a member of this forum. [:0]
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

It's just a phase of poor taste in management fashion. It'll pass one day. Your "manager" is the real culprit as he lacks the backbone to make a clear decision. Big soft tart. Print off this thread and show it to him.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><i></i><center></center>
    I totally agree!

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickM</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

Maybe it would - she might leave
  • nortones2
    nortones2 Posts: 208
    Unkraut: V. good. But, could tell it wasn't really PS agent Bonj-dog doo-da Cretin....You forgot to include the trademark phrases of the loonie right. How about slipping in: liberal elite; sandal-wearing; lentils; bleeding hearts; do-gooders; health and safety Nazis; left-leaning; naive; cunning; guardianista; individual responsibilty; Palestinophile etc. All with uncertain punctuation.
  • Dayvo
    Dayvo Posts: 1,882
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Absinthe Minded</i>

What's the matter with blokes these days?

Me and a colleague had a row earlier today, we both said some things we shouldn't have, but I stuck to my guns about my main point.

Guess what happens next? he goes crying to our manager and we have to have a meeting to discuss things. I stuck to what believed and told the baby that I didn't hold a grudge, it was all forgotten on my part - but that I had mean't what I'd said earlier, and that he had wasted everyone's time with the silly meeting. I told him to act like a man and forget it, rather than telling tales to our manager.

Afterwards, my manager told me that I'm 'too direct' and that I 'can't act that way in future'. I told him that I'll act whatever way I damn well please and that my personality has nothing to do with my employer so long as I don't make a habit of offending people for no reason.

What a bunch of girls...

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="2"><b><font color="purple">Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font id="purple"></b></font id="size2">

<font size="2">See My route to work!</font id="size2">

I reckon you'll be changing your 'see my route to work' before too long! [:)]

Your boss should have backed you up, so the only solution now is to throw down the gauntlet and knock the ****e out of the nob behind the bikesheds after work. Then cuddle and bond, as is the way these days.

I get knocked down . . . but I get up again . . .
    I get knocked down . . . but I get up again . . .
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Absinthe Minded</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Sacco</i>

Would need to know more info, but as a successful manager I would get a meeting between you just to make sure it is all cleared up. Part of ensuring that the team is working at it best, simple as that (nothing to do with 'conflict training' or 'poor taste')
    A weak manager would actually just leave it and have the possibility of it getting worse.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Basically, he has no social skills. I pulled him up on it, he didn't like it. No amount of meetings is going to make us change our minds. ankev is right - weak management, my manager was trying to gloss over everything by repeating 'so, we're all OK now?'. Nobody got anything out of the meeting.

I'd have had more respect for the guy if he's have come up to me, and said 'OK, you miserable bastard - can we forget this now?'. But no, he had to go crying to the manager.

What a big girl's blouse.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="2"><b><font color="purple">Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font id="purple"></b></font id="size2">

<font size="2">See My route to work!</font id="size2">

Why should the guy get into an argument where he could end up getting upset and looking bad when he can go to the manager and have it on record that you participated in workplace bullying? He's the smart guy[:D]

In the old days you could take someone outside for a 'talking to' but I realise that those days are over with now[:o)]

This is my bike:
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure001.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure002.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure003.jpg