stage 4 spoiler

weyayeman
weyayeman Posts: 1,141
edited June 2007 in Pro race
whats happened to valverde,is he ill

Dolly Parton certainly has some big hits.
How son yee divent need gaan doon the Pit,coz thas plenty coal in the coal hoose

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    He's a lazy bollix, thats what he is. There's my PTP points gone down the toilet. BOONEN has dropped him, ferchrisakes.

<font size="1">"Hincapie's Disco pants are the best,
    They go from his arse to his chest,
    They're better than 'Sandro Ballans.
    Hincapie's Disco pants"</font id="size1">
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • weyayeman
    Astana cant control it or Vino is cool hand luke

hes blown sky high what a day

How son yee divent need gaan doon the Pit,coz thas plenty coal in the coal hoose
  • BoyLard
    BoyLard Posts: 25
    vino not looking good
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BoyLard</i>

vino not looking good
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

oot the back

http://tinyurl.com/332edp
    http://tinyurl.com/2nu7r3
  • LangerDan
    There'll be a few phone-calls made to Portugal tonight, looking for a refund. Maybe th good doctor hit the "defrost" button by mistake.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LangerDan</i>

There'll be a few phone-calls made to Portugal tonight, looking for a refund. Maybe th good doctor hit the "defrost" button by mistake.

Nope, the Dauphine is when they take the blood OUT hence the poor performances - it'll be frozen now and reinjected for the Tour, fizzing with red cells.

In my humble opinion of cpurse[:D]

Did you get planning permission for that sense of humour bypass?
  • LangerDan
    I've just noticed something. Maybe its the little "lady-pleaser" beard or the fact that he seems to have been around forever, but have these two ever been seen in the same room ?

http://tinyurl.com/2whe89

• Definitely share a nose...

I shall steer well clear of blood extraction humour in deference to my obviously Clean tour punditry (Moreau for GC[:D])

• weyayeman
    Im wondering if theirs a deeper reason to both Vino+Valverde going off the back,and not because of the big hammer he says tapping the side his nose.Are they going to be banned from the T.D.F. and looking for an easier way out.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by weyayeman</i>

Im wondering if theirs a deeper reason to both Vino+Valverde going off the back,and not because of the big hammer he says tapping the side his nose.Are they going to be banned from the T.D.F. and looking for an easier way out.

That was my 1st thought with Valv, but there's no indication ASO will ban Astana -or that Vino's name is anywhere near Puerto

• Abbers
    Abbers Posts: 296
    Zabriskie - where did that come from?
  • Mr Bumble
    Mr Bumble Posts: 572
    On the side....

<font size="5"><font color="blue"><u><b>A class ride by Moreau</b></u></font id="blue"></font id="size5">

If my memory serves me rightly he once traded blow with Carlos Sastre when they were in the Tour[?]

A French legionaire on a bike[^]
  • weyayeman
    He's always been a battler has Mr Moreau.If thats what you meant[:)]

• pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    From Cyclingnews:-
    <i>With 11km to go, Vinokourov chose not to follow the group where he was well positioned. The remaining riders were: Levi Leipheimer and Alberto Contador (Discovery Channel), Manuel Beltran (Liquigas), Sylvain Chavanel (Cofidis), Leonardo Piepoli (Saunier Duval), Cuesta, David Zabriskie, Chris-Anker S”rensen and Volodymyr Gustov (CSC), Xavier Zandio (Caisse d'Epargne), Igor Anton, Haimar Zubeldia and Mikel Astarloza (Euskaltel), Denis Menchov (Rabobank), Cadel Evans (Predictor-Lotto), Botcharov and Dimitri Fofonov (Cr‚dit Agricole), Andre‹ Kashechkin (Astana), Sandy Casar (Fran‡aise des Jeux), and Bernhard Kohl (Gerolsteiner).</i>

So, Vino could have gone with the group if he wanted to, just fancied having an easy day !!!

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pat1</i>

So, Vino could have gone with the group if he wanted to, just fancied having an easy day !!!

Personally, I think the Man With The Hammer paid him a visit, says he, tapping the side of his nose, dear viewer etc etc etc.

Not sure who paid a visit to Valverde, but he left him in a hell of a state!
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pat1</i>

From Cyclingnews:-
    <i>With 11km to go, Vinokourov chose not to follow the group where he was well positioned. The remaining riders were: Levi Leipheimer and Alberto Contador (Discovery Channel), Manuel Beltran (Liquigas), Sylvain Chavanel (Cofidis), Leonardo Piepoli (Saunier Duval), Cuesta, David Zabriskie, Chris-Anker S”rensen and Volodymyr Gustov (CSC), Xavier Zandio (Caisse d'Epargne), Igor Anton, Haimar Zubeldia and Mikel Astarloza (Euskaltel), Denis Menchov (Rabobank), Cadel Evans (Predictor-Lotto), Botcharov and Dimitri Fofonov (Cr‚dit Agricole), Andre‹ Kashechkin (Astana), Sandy Casar (Fran‡aise des Jeux), and Bernhard Kohl (Gerolsteiner).</i>

I'll have to remember that one nexy time I am off the back.
  • Once again, Vino looks a bit fragile to be a true TdF contender.

I noticed just before he "decided to sit up and take things easy" that Vino was doing his old "stand up, do about 3 pedal revs, then flop back down on the saddle" like he's struggling like mad to turn the gear. This is usually a pre-cursor to him then losing a stack of time on the stage.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bronzie</i>

Once again, Vino looks a bit fragile to be a true TdF contender.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Here we go again. Please repeat after me, performance at the Dauphine is a not a direct indication of performance at the Tour. [:)]

Every year we have the same discussion. Landis was nowhere in the Dauphine last year. He still won the Tour. Illegally it would appear but you get the point.
  • Andy, point taken, but how often have we seen Vino have a "bad day" in the big mountains. Often enough in my opinion to put a serious question mark over his ability to perform consistently for 3 weeks.

That said, I could well of course be sitting down to a fine meal of "chapeau avec le pie humble" at the end of July [:D]
  • I disagree a bit here. The last 3 week tour Vino rode he won,(last years Vuelta)looking stronger and stronger every stage. ( A bit like Di luca this year) add to this Valverde looking weaker and weaker in every stage. This actually convinced me he was clean!

Fooled? yo no se

Self confessed King of The Mole Hill
    Self confessed King of The Mole Hill
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by El Conejo Ingles</i>

The last 3 week tour Vino rode he won<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I admit, I'd forgotten/ignored all about that.............kinda stop following pro racing for 6 months following the Tour farce.
  • weyayeman
    [:D] Look what he did today[:D]