Speciazed Tarmac Comp

walkercp
walkercp Posts: 1,012
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Anyone got one of these? is it any good?

I might be picking one up in the next couple of weeks, and I've heard some good things about these bikes but would like to hear some real peoples veiws.

Rhino's are the new Elephant
Baby Elephants - free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives

Comments

• i own the Tarmac Expert same frame just different groupset, excellent bikes stiff frame and very light. the ride itself is a lot smoother than most bikes. ive had mine about a year and after riding almost everyday i'm yet to have any problems with it.
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    I was speaking to a friend today and he said when he took the Tarmac expert for a test ride he found that the zerts inserts made it too bouncy. Every other review I've heard is good though.

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?
  • Sworkscp
    Sworkscp Posts: 113
    Me thinks your mate took a Roubaix for a test ride[;)][?]

Tarmacs dont have 'proper' Zerts in the frame they have 'speed zerts' in the fork coupled with a tiny Zert in the seatstay wheras the Roubaix has much larger zerts that do make the bike ride differently but I wouldnt say it made the bike 'bouncy' also as far as im aware there isnt any Tarmac 'test bikes' available but I could be wrong there.I own an S-Works Tarmac and that is anything but sloppy and bouncy...stiff as you like and harsh on bumpy roads but thats what its designed to be like...its that same old different bike for different riding situation[;)]

The Tarmac comp is a good value bike and im sure you wont be dissapointed with your purchase mate[;)]
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Zertz???? Newbie here, please explain

My bike's knackered, but compared to its owner it's in good nick...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Sworkscp
    Sworkscp Posts: 113
    Zertz Inserts can be found on cars and motorbikes in both engine mounts and exhaust fittings to absorb vibration and to eliminate fatigue in the joining areas weather that be nuts and bolts unscrewing or fatigue in a component...imagine your body being an exhaust pipe and the road is the source of vibration[;)]
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    i have this bike!

the 2006 model, its an awesome machine!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
    You Know It!
    www.gofiddygo.com
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sworks</i>

Me thinks your mate took a Roubaix for a test ride[;)][?]

Tarmacs dont have 'proper' Zerts in the frame they have 'speed zerts' in the fork coupled with a tiny Zert in the seatstay wheras the Roubaix has much larger zerts that do make the bike ride differently but I wouldnt say it made the bike 'bouncy' also as far as im aware there isnt any Tarmac 'test bikes' available but I could be wrong there.I own an S-Works Tarmac and that is anything but sloppy and bouncy...stiff as you like and harsh on bumpy roads but thats what its designed to be like...its that same old different bike for different riding situation[;)]

The Tarmac comp is a good value bike and im sure you wont be dissapointed with your purchase mate[;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wouldn't be suprised [:D]

The next time I see him I'll put it too him.

Ive never heard anybody, other than him say anything negative about the Spesh Tarmac or Roubaix [;)]

Ive a zerts post on my Sirrus and cant say I find it bouncy either!

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?