Rapha jersey question

ricadus
ricadus Posts: 2,379
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Slightly OT, but I just bought a size S "sportwool" jersey - wanted something discreet, without branding - and find it's a OK fit across the shoulders but the arms are longish and loose fitting (a bit "polo shirt style" there) and the lower half of the torso is so loose it could almost be maternity wear.

Question is, does anyone here know if the sportwool fabric will shrink to fit a bit better after a few washes (to fit better hopefully) or should I just send it back now for an exchange to X-Small?

I guess theirs is a retro cut based on 1980s Eddy Merckx - retirement pot-belly included.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">

Comments

• In my experience it doesn't shrink. I think, with this year's sportwool jersey, you can adjust the sizing at the front but I assume you've worked that one out?

I'd return it I think.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Er, no... it's got a full length zip. I'd better take another look.

The main problem is its tent-like capacity in the lower back area. I obviously need to cut back on the gran fondos and spend more time drinking trappist beers to fill it out.

*aha*!

The info card with it mentions cord adjusters but they've sent me the old spec jersey that doesn't have them - the scumbags.
  • I'd go with the trappist beer option myself .

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/n ... index.aspx
  • mandie
    mandie Posts: 218
    My belief is that Rapha have worked out the demographic of their customers well. At the price they charge most purchasers will have a larger than average disposable income. This would imply that they are recreational riders rather than racers probably into their forties; and likely to have a bit of a gut.[:0]

Rapha therefore cut their clothing accordingly.

It is rough if you don't fit the demographic, but seeing a fortysomething sportive rider trying to squeeze into some of the Assos gear designed for racing snakes is not pretty.

We'll kick against the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight
    We\'ll kick against the darkness \'till it bleeds daylight
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    My Rapha team jersey is a close and snug fit - certainly not the baggy cut you're talking about as I'm pretty slim - maybe they've changed their cut in the last few years? Mine hasn't shrunk at all either.
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    lol @ mandie could be turth in what you say [;)] but my guts not that bad...under 40...and skint and yes quite mad too as I have one and it cost a lot for a shirt.

For the price of Rapha kit I wouldnt risk putting it in a washing machine [:D]

BUY ME ON EBAY | BUY ME ON EBAY
  • chewa
    chewa Posts: 164
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mandie</i>

This would imply that they are recreational riders rather than racers probably into their forties; and likely to have a bit of a gut.[:0]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Aerobelly - if you don't mind [:D]

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
    plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens

Black 531c tourer
    FCN 7
    While dahn saff Dahon Speed 6 FCN 11!!!
    Also 1964 Flying Scot Continental
    1995 Cinelli Supercorsa (columbus slx)
    BTwin Rockrider 8.1
    Unicycle
    Couple of others!