BBC TDF competitition video

Spikey_David
Spikey_David Posts: 449
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 745305.stm

Is it me or is there a lot of dodgy filtering etc in this video?

Comments

• magnatom
    magnatom Posts: 492
    It looks to me like he broke a number of rules. It looks very much like he jumped the second set of red lights, he cycled through a zebra crossing when a person was crossing, he cycled the wrong side of a traffic island (actually over it!), and he took a right turn where it indicated that it wasn't allowed. Did the BBC condone this??[:0]
  • magnatom
    Oh and he cycled the wrong way down a one way street. A great advert for cyclists!![V]
  • Wogan
    Wogan Posts: 203
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Spikey_David</i>
    Is it me or is there a lot of dodgy filtering etc in this video?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Looked fairly typical for rush-hour London. You must understand that there are no rules on the streets down here - it's generally every man for himself - so you do what you must to stay safe.

I'd wager that at least 50% of driver in NW London do not have a licence or insurance. It's the only explanation for the ludicrous manoeuvres I see every day.
    <font>Hemingway Soapbags</font>
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    he stopped at red far more often than most of the palsied men i see on my commute.

winter: http://tinyurl.com/2xkbbs
    summer: http://tinyurl.com/2hsagv
  • Wogan
    Wogan Posts: 203
    I didn't know Joey Deacon was a cyclist. Did he get his shoe back then?
    <font>Hemingway Soapbags</font>
  • rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    I didn't see anywhere where you could conclusively say he jumped a light, he did go briefly the wrong way up a one-way street, but presumably the 'justification' was he was following the TDF route. The person on the zebra had already passed, no need to stop there then, and the POB who turned right across his path and cycled across it shouldn't have done so. On the whole it was pretty tame!
  • davidmam
    davidmam Posts: 427
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by magnatom</i>

Oh and he cycled the wrong way down a one way street. A great advert for cyclists!![V]

No he didn't. He rode across the car park at the end of the serpentine road.

..d

Fat bloke on a bike
    Fat bloke on a bike
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rgisme</i>

The person on the zebra had already passed, no need to stop there then, and the POB who turned right across his path and cycled across it shouldn't have done so. On the whole it was pretty tame!

wasn't that the zebra crossing just inside Hyde Park at HP Corner. I thought bikes were allowed on this crossing as it links the cyle path either side of the road?

SNAPS
  • magnatom
    Looks like I'm outvoted on this one [xx(]
  • jonathan ellis
    jonathan ellis Posts: 3,870
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davidmam</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by magnatom</i>

..d

Fat bloke on a bike

thats a no entry sign he went past to enter the car park
    (i should know i do it everyday at that spot)[:0]

<font size="1">ti</font id="size1"> <font size="1">steel</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">ti</font id="size1"> <font size="1">steel</font id="size1">
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davidmam</i>

..d

Fat bloke on a bike

It's still a one-way with a no entry sign AFAIK. Plus the illegal right turn from South Carriage Drive onto the Ring.

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • davidmam
    davidmam Posts: 427
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BentMikey</i>

..d

Fat bloke on a bike

It's still a one-way with a no entry sign AFAIK. Plus the illegal right turn from South Carriage Drive onto the Ring.

OK, haven't ridden there since 1991 - just after the no right turn at the top of SCD was introduced.

..d

Fat bloke on a bike
    Fat bloke on a bike