Identities of the 'Non Negative' Giro results..

TheBigOne
TheBigOne Posts: 99
edited December 1969 in Pro race
Mayo - SD
Piepoli - SD
Ale P - Milram

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun14news

Comments

• leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    So essentially none of them has done anything that isn't legislated for on their UCI file as either a documented condition or TUE? Looks like we can put gazetta down for the first shot in the doping scandal season between now and the start of Le Tour.

http://www.atomicecho.com/cycling/index.shtml - My cycling blog. From commuting to crits and sportives.
  • Unless they find synthetic testosterone in Mayo's counteranalysis, there is convenient excuses for all.

TUEs for salbutamol are a joke.

TdG
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Why are TUES for salbutamol a joke?

Warning about well known bike shop removed at request of moderators.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Because about 75% of the peloton have them. I doubt there are that many world class cyclist asthmatics.

In the population I would say less than 20% are asthma sufferers and of those that are only about 20% of them will use Salbutamol.

I admit it isn't a very funny joke. You had to be there.

TdG
  • TheBigOne
    TheBigOne Posts: 99
    legaupe...

you in chiswick...?

hmmm, so am i...
  • fuzzy29
    fuzzy29 Posts: 320
    <font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">I've always thought that for a fit bunch of people, they do have a high percentage of asthma suffers. But, could this be caused by long hours on roads breathing in car fumes?

Or do they just ask a nice doctor to say they have asthma as they know salbutamol can help them ride fast? [V]

<hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I'd ask Banksy to paint it....
    <hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I\'d ask Banksy to paint it....
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fuzzy29</i>

<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">I've always thought that for a fit bunch of people, they do have a high percentage of asthma suffers. But, could this be caused by long hours on roads breathing in car fumes?

Or do they just ask a nice doctor to say they have asthma as they know salbutamol can help <s>them ride fast? </s> mask the presence of other drugs[V]

<hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I'd ask Banksy to paint it....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Did you get planning permission for that sense of humour bypass?
  • lucretiuscp
    lucretiuscp Posts: 135
    Ah, I didn't realised it could be used as a masking agent. If that's true does that mean 75% of people are doping? If so that's lower than I thought.
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fuzzy29</i>
    Or do they just ask a nice doctor to say they have asthma as they know salbutamol can help them ride fast? [V]

Isn't it used as a masking agent for some PED or other too ?
  • From cyclingnews:

"Matxin noted the existence of a certificate from the UCI that confirms the Spaniard naturally produces high values of exogenous testosterone"

WTF!!!??? How can you produce exogenous T naturally???

Did you get planning permission for that sense of humour bypass?
  • typo surely?
  • kavcp
    kavcp Posts: 101
    He's on typo too??? Yikes, things are getting out of hand in the peleton. ;)
  • Biffcp
    Biffcp Posts: 813
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kav</i>

He's on typo too??? Yikes, things are getting out of hand in the peleton. ;)
    Typo is what journos use to enable them to write quicker and longer.

<i>Rarer than a one-liner by Howard Peel</i>

<i>Rarer than a one-liner by Howard Peel</i>