Yaaay!

ChrisKH
ChrisKH Posts: 1,717
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
Back on the Brompton after nearly two weeks and a really good ride in today. Got off a station earlier. Bike came back from the factory yesterday and I made the wife pick it up (and washed her car as recompense yesterday evening). Mind you at œ280.00 for a back frame and new wheel it wasn't cheap. But the bike looks like new because all the wear goes on the rear frame and back wheel. Plus coming from the factory, it has a pre-despatch check and they replaced loads of little bits. Great!

When my wife was in the LBS and the mechanic was unpacking the Brompton a morose man came to the counter and said hopefully, "Is that my (new) Brompton?" No mate, yours will be at least another month......". So I'm really impressed with the speed of repair.

Now if I can get the money back from the moronic blind motorist who run over it, life will be sweet. [:D]

Baby elephants are so last year, darling.

Comments

• domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2011
    Good for you Chris. How are things going with that btw? Did you get legal advice yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    Medical Marijuana Card
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Life is already sweet - you're back on the bike and happy. Good work earning brownie points with your missus too!

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • ChrisKH
    ChrisKH Posts: 1,717
    Dom

Drivers insurers have said to send them the cost of things and they'll consider it. We'll have to see, but if I was them I would think myself lucky he was getting off without a PI claim. At least I'm hoping that's the case.

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Just keep holding that personal injury claim over their heads, and the chances are they will settle double quick if you let them think you'd accept less money for just the repairs etc. Assuming you don't intend to claim PI that is, and I would consider it personally.

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.