South Wales riders

Norvcp
Norvcp Posts: 1,485
Hi,

I'm planning on riding the Cycle track that runs from Abercynon to Newport. (Sustrans route 47)

Has anyone on here ever done it? Is it suitable for road bikes? I've heard parts of it are a bit dodgy, if so, where along the path are they?

Cheers [:)]

"Prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn"

"Prejudice burns brighter when it\'s all we have to burn"

Comments

• Norvcp
    Anyone?

• Is this the "celtic Trail" if so then regularly between Ystrad Mynach and then to Quakers Yard where it meets the Taaf Trail. Mostly on an MTB, somtimes on a winter bike, but never on a nice road bike. There are stretches where the path is loose stone tracks. I haven't ridden between Ystrad / Blackwood and Newport, so cant comment.

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • Update on this - if you're referring to the route in this months C+ then I know it well: I can see Hengoed viaduct from here. The advice about bikes in the mag is quite right, its a bit rough in places and if its wet muddy aswell.

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • Norvcp
    Just bought my copy of C+ and saw the article, what a coincidence! Looks like my roadie with 23c tyres will be out of the question. [:(]