camelbak

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
i have a camelbak rucksak i use for snowboarding but feel it might be too bulky for the road biking, these small light ones you can buy is there any storage in them? whats the minimum trip you would take one with you?

ooooh ya cheeky munkee
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• vernonlevy
    vernonlevy Posts: 969
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Felix-da-house-mouse</i>

i have a camelbak rucksak i use for snowboarding but feel it might be too bulky for the road biking, these small light ones you can buy is there any storage in them? whats the minimum trip you would take one with you?

ooooh ya cheeky munkee
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'll use a 1 litre base model on a 1 - 2 hour ride and take a Mule with a 3 litre bladder on 100km Audaxes. Sometimes I only get through 1.5 litres sometimes as much as 6.6 litres i.e. a refill and a bit is needed depends on the wether, pace of ride and hilliness.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    i'm glad for this post, i'm looking at the 2L version. I think it's called the rogue. I've never used one before

my baby elephant has more memory than my PC
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • ive got the 3 litre mule. i can usually pack enough in for a days riding, but that really is forcing it in. couldnt really take any more.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I'm thinking of getting the 2 litre classic, there is room for a few things.

Also there is an elastic net out pocket

Richard

Best thing I ever bought for a bike?
    Padded shorts![:D]
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • vernonlevy
    vernonlevy Posts: 969
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich H</i>

I'm thinking of getting the 2 litre classic, there is room for a few things.

Also there is an elastic net out pocket

Richard

Best thing I ever bought for a bike?
    Padded shorts![:D]

You can always carry less than the max capacity with the Mule but you can not up the capacity of smaller models...
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I use a 1.5L one when I race 50's, I wear it under my skinsuit so I have an aero 'hump' like those motoGP guys! [:D][:D][:D]

665 The Neighbour of the Beast
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • +1 for the MULE 3 ltr
    use it on AUDAX and tours.

I also have the Camelbak Rogue, for short day rides and Off road.

george

Europe
    http://europejibi.googlepages.com
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    CamelBak MULET for me, loads of room in that sucker for inner tubes, tyre levers, emergency lights, tools, mini-pump, waterproof etc. I know that the purists say you should load your jersey pockets up like a WWII paratrooper but I don't like that, plus I try and keep the frame free of things like water bottles etc. Weird maybe, but for longer rides I like the CamelBak.

That said, for a short ride (say below 50m) then water bottles are pefectly adequate [:D]

<font size="1">
    What do I ride? Now that's an <b><font color="black">Enigma</b></font id="black"> </font id="size1">

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • I've got a mule, you can stick 6 tins of lager in it![:D]

Wheelies ARE cool.
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have a blowfish ......and NO jokes[:D]

Non Omnis Moriar
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by schlepcycling</i>

I use a 1.5L one when I race 50's, I wear it under my skinsuit so I have an aero 'hump' like those motoGP guys! [:D][:D][:D]

I thought about this too. I got de-hydrated on my 1st 50. the rules allow it then?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3480&id=567849808
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Good thing about a CamelBakT is that if you do fall off the drinks bladder can act as extra cushioning for your back. This was certainly useful when I did a "superman" falling off my mountain bike [:I]

<font size="1">
    What do I ride? Now that's an <b><font color="black">Enigma</b></font id="black"> </font id="size1">

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Tynancp
    Tynancp Posts: 160
    what's wrong with a rack? amazing how much you can get on them if you really want to
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mark Alexander</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by schlepcycling</i>

I thought about this too. I got de-hydrated on my 1st 50. the rules allow it then?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3480&id=567849808

I think they were allowed, then not, now they are again. I'll check before I enter my next '50'.

'Hello to Jason Isaacs'