Brain Bucket?

JWSurrey
JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Decided my current helmet looks comically like a small kid's one perched on my head.
The straps are almost over my eyes, and interfere with my rearwards vision - unless I set it so I garotte myself - It's a good few years old.

I'm after something ideally with a detachable visor, and not too bothered about ventilation - more about keeping my head intact.

Any recommendations?
What should I look for?

Cheers
J.

Comments

• domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2011
    Casco Warp II is a nice looking lid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    Healthy Relationship Advice Dicussion
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    decent skid lid - Specialized Aurora Helmet 2006, on offer at Wiggle was œ59.99 now œ30, doesn't show in their picture but the wording says it comes with a detachable visor

Sorry, just spotted, only available in small, worth a look though.
  • Rigid Raider
    Rigid Raider Posts: 1,568
    Go to LBS and try on. Don't buy online.

Global TH1.5 Ti hardtail.
    Global TH1.5 Ti hardtail.
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    I have to agree with Rigid Raider, You should not buy a helmet online unless it is a replacement. Get yourself into a bunch of shops and put your brain into some buckets.
  • JWSurrey
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rigid Raider</i>

Go to LBS and try on. Don't buy online.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Always do [:)]
    Strewth - That Casco helmet's comically cool! Bit out of my league, but thanks for the link - they have some more suitable looking lids too.
    Aurora looks good. Might seek out one of these.
  • JWSurrey
    Thanks for the advice / info.
    Popped in to Condor and picked up a Bell Ukon for 20 quid! They did the fitting too.