Thank you Buggi

Jacomus-rides-Gen
Jacomus-rides-Gen Posts: 453
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
Going along the ridiculous car park that was embankment this evening, a biker and I swapped positions a few times, and took space together a couple of times.

Past Houses of Parliament and we enter the security barrier bit, with the concrete wall that allways has mental cyclists squeezing their way through. I nipped into the gap infront of sed BMW and rode in primary along the dangerous stretch, then I made my mistake.

The ped lights went red and I pulled over to the left so that I could hold the wall instead of unclipping, she sat behind me but close, not exactly unusual. Then whe the lights went yellow she floors it and roars off literally a couple of inches from my bars. I yell the classic "OI!" and get nothing but the finger.

I stood up and chased at full pelt until she hit the next jam (which wasn't long), as I jammed on the brakes there was a "Woooooooahhh!" and the friendly biker slid by, I'd almost knocked him off. I proceded to ask (quite agressively it has to be said) why she endagered my life. She came back with "Cyclists like you p*ss normal people off, get on the f**king pavement where you belong." I rip the rape alarm off my handlebar (thank you Buggi for that idea) and drop it behind the seat.

Job done.

Comments

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Seriously? What did she do then?

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • Hackbike 6
    Hackbike 6 Posts: 3,116
    Passed too close dangerously?

<font color="green"><font size="1">Hackbike 8 Commuting Debut 09/09/2006</font id="green"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="blue">Dawes Audax 2006</font id="blue"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="green"> New 20/09/2006</font id="green"><font color="red"> </font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1"><font color="red"> Cycle Commuting since 1981 </font id="red"></font id="blue"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1">Cycling Proficiency Test 24 May 1977</font id="blue"><font color="red"><font size="1"> (30 years ago)</font id="size1"></font id="red"></font id="size1">

<font size="1"><font color="red"> Ride to work part 1 of 8 http://tinyurl.com/ypjapc</font id="size1"></font id="red">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 2 of 8 </font id="size1"></font id="red"><font size="1">http://tinyurl.com/2jfagu</font id="size1">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 3 of 8</font id="red"></font id="size1"><font size="1"> http://tinyurl.com/2jcldv </font id="size1">

How not to lock a bike. http://i14.tinypic.com/52355zr.jpg
  • rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    You ride around with a rape alarm taped to your handlebars?
  • Brains
    Brains Posts: 1,732
    gimme gimme How much is a rape alarm ? are they cheap enough to make them disposable ?

I want one (or in fact a packet of them)
  • BentMikey - I didn't hang around to find out! She was stuck in a massive snarl and I cycled off on my way home.

rgisme - I have done for a couple of weeks now yes, it was pretty small. I taped its cord to the bars, and then perforated some electrical tape and stuck the alarm itsself so it would hang down.

Brains - I don't actually know. My gf's mother brought home a handful of the things that her firm were handing out.

• rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    And presumably you don't carry it in the expectation of getting raped? Is it just for dropping into the cars of drivers that annoy you in case they have their window open or it's a convertible, or does it have other uses?
  • I carried it for dropping through windows, and basically only because it was free! I'm not going to bother going out and buying one now that one has gone.

In a funny kind of way it was a bit like tempting fate to have it on, as I never usually encounter much trouble with motorists at all.

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Hey, I want one too!
  • jhon
    jhon Posts: 37
    What a great idea, there's no point arguing or reasoning with them. To drivers, we will never be popular.
  • Cab
    Cab Posts: 770
    Errm... I know that the driver might deserve it, but what are the legal implications of doing this?

<i>Free baby elephants for every citizen</i>
    Vote Arch for Prime Minister
  • miffedcp
    miffedcp Posts: 315
    that is immature and probably weeed the driver off about cyclist forever but boy is it funny.

j
  • Sheddy
    Sheddy Posts: 942
    Seen in tomorrows Grauniad - "Motorist rapped by lycra lout"
    Too much of anything is too much for me
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I was thinking about taping a piece of poo to my handle bars to drop through windows. That would annoy me more as a driver than an alarm!!

SNAPS
  • Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    Just get an AirZound.

--
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I'd use that.
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • BentMikey
    I've just modded up my airzound on my rebuilt 'bent. Longer air tubing, and instead of the tiny bottle it comes with I have a 2L coke bottle stored in the tailbox. That should give some long time beeping power!

<font size="1">My bikes

• Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sheddy</i>

Seen in tomorrows Grauniad - "Motorist rapped by lycra lout"
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I'd show my bib-shorts in court as evidence that the rapist could not be me![:D]

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • BentMikey
    LMAO!! See you Sunday mate? We're leaving a bit earlier this year, assuming it's dry. 07:30 departure, 07:15 meeting at Clapham South.

<font size="1">My bikes

• The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BentMikey</i>

I've just modded up my airzound on my rebuilt 'bent. Longer air tubing, and instead of the tiny bottle it comes with I have a 2L coke bottle stored in the tailbox. That should give some long time beeping power!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You must be very militant... you'll have to ride round for ages to find people enough people to beep.

<hr noshade size="1">
    CyclingIsPermittedAlongThisFootpathGenericPath
  • BentMikey
    Or perhaps I just don't want to pump it up very often. You must have taken quite some offense at one of my posts to be stalking me this much, LOL!

<font size="1">My bikes

• pzycoman
    pzycoman Posts: 285
    BentMikey, I hate you aswell! Im gunna run you off the road and tickle you with a cabbage. Now thats random hatred [:)]
    Professional Kitten Huffer