Saddle sore - if of a delicate disposition do not

hevipedal
hevipedal Posts: 2,475
edited June 2007 in Workshop
After a long ride at the weekend - Highclere sportif 117 miles - I found a sore on my bum.
It's actually at the top of my right leg on the inside just where leg and bum meet. About half way between scrotum and anus.
(would you believe I eating lunch while typing this)
It's like a hard lump, a zit. It hurts if squeezed, but funnily not while riding.
Anyone got a treatment? or do I need to take the plunge and see the doctor for a lancing?

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
Things to make it look good.
I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
</font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
Hevipedal
It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621

Comments

• dakidcp
    dakidcp Posts: 744
    See a doctor to find out what it is. You always suffer medical problems in that area and not go to the doctor? [;)]

<hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
    <hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    I've had two of these and they're great. I was dispath riding at the time and couldn't really afford to take time off work.

With the first one I was forced to when the poison started to creep down the inside of my leg and I was in a lot of pain. Went to casualty and they got a surgeon to look at it. He wanted to keep me in overnight but they had no beds, so he gave it a bit of local anesthetic and took to it with a scalpel. I was sent home with a lot of sterile cloth and every morning for about a week I had to pull the packing out of the cut and re-pack it.

Second time was a casualty job as well. This time I got two giggling junior doctors who made me cover my nuts while they attempted to numb the infected area with a freeze spray while they slashed away with scalpels. The spray didn't work too well and I still shudder to think about it.
  • hevipedal
    Thanks Pirahna that makes me feel much better, think I'll see the doctor before it gets that bad.

Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.

Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I've had similar recently since I've got a new bike, and then changed the saddle on it (whenever I change saddle, or even shorts I tend to get a bit sore for a few days until I get used to it). I found just putting sudacrem on it regularly was enough to easily allow it to clear up in a few days. It finally went when I took a day off the bike on a Saturday.
  • currieinahurry
    currieinahurry Posts: 2,695
    i use assos cream and make sure i wash very well after a ride and i no longer get the sores. and no trip to the docs just cleared up
    tikka

hi my name is adam... and i have a problem with posting on cycling forums.
    hi my name is adam... and i have a problem with posting on cycling forums.
  • sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    Try a lot of washing and surgical spirit before rushing to the doctor. Needle / razor and surgical spirit if it has a "head of pus".
  • CPcp
    CPcp Posts: 78
    See a doctor! I went out with a light sore. Came back in agony, had the hot and cold shivers overnight. Turned out to be an abscess that had been brewing for some time. Cut and drained, under general anaesthetic. No pain, Pirhana! Three weeks on and I'm OK to get into the gym. Another couple of weeks and I'll be back on the bike. Cause was most likely a hair follicle infection.
  • hevipedal
    Thanks guy's; my wife has hada look no head and it's got a hard ridge so a boil or abcess. guess it's doctor time

Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ut_o_cykla
    ut_o_cykla Posts: 58
    Commiserations... had a blister on my behind once on a long tour - right on the sitting area. Pain is not a good enough word to describe every bump, root & repositioning. But with careful plastering and rigourous hygiene I kept it clean and it healed despite cycling every day.
    See a doctor if its getting worse despite not riding or if it doesn't go down within a couple of days. You gents can get massive hair follicle generated abcesses... my eyes water!

pousse moi s'il vous plait
    pousse moi s\'il vous plait
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    There was a thread elsewhere that someone had added the "Top Ten Cysts, Zits and Boils" to - it's eye watering stuff. Get to the doctors before your behind features in this gross-out compiliation [xx(]

<font size="1">
    What do I ride? Now that's an <b><font color="black">Enigma</b></font id="black"> </font id="size1">

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • hevipedal
    My wife (nurse)insists I remind everyone not to use sudocrem on open sores and cuts. Apparently it can kill the tissue and cause severe damage.
    She calls it nasty stuff.......... and she doesn't bat a eye lid at the boil on my arse

Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
  • Airmiles
    Airmiles Posts: 101
    If it's brand-new and close to the surface, then try magnesium sulphate paste (œ1.99 for a little pot from Boots) Stir before use & apply this 4 x a day and it should "draw" the pus out - within a couple of days if you're lucky.

Whatever you do, don't ignore it or carry on riding! Or you'll end up where I am I had one burst in the same event & now have a VERY sore hole!

Good luck!
    I'm not saying pedestrians in Hackney are stupid.. but a fixed bayonet would be more use than a fixed gear...
  • bloatercp
    bloatercp Posts: 18
    I've had a few of these arse/leg pit lump things over the years... but luckily no need to get them carved out. It was only when I changed my saddle from a Flite to a san marco SKN that they stopped and vanished for good. Say goodbye to a baboon arse and change your saddle (may need to bin a few different saddles until you find the right one, but your arse will thank you for it).
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    This is slightly OT, but let's talk nappy rash. Touring in the California summer I put on clean shorts every morning but after a few hours they were soaked with sweat and after a couple of days I got very painful chafing on my bits and pieces. Went to a drugstore, spoke to a pharmacist and said I was suffering from something a bit like nappy rash. She agreed with KingstonWheeler and said I needed something with lots of zinc in it, either special nappy rash stuff or the white super-high factor sunblock which cricketers put on their faces. The sunblock came in a handy little tube and the stuff for babies came in a giant pot, so I bought the sunblock. It worked straight away - absolutely brilliant. And surprisingly I didn't end up with embarrassing white stains in my shorts.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • BigBren
    BigBren Posts: 145
    I wonder how many other hobbies or past-times allow men who are relative strangers to chat openly with each other about the various states of trauma they've inflicted on their own arses?

On second thoughts, I probably don't wonder that at all. [:0]

Bren
  • Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigBren</i>

I wonder how many other hobbies or past-times allow men who are relative strangers to chat openly with each other about the various states of trauma they've inflicted on their own arses?
    On second thoughts, I probably don't wonder that at all. [:0]
    Bren
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Hmm, my male colleague, a non-cyclist, once told me all about his 'runners' nipples' in far too much detail...