Do Halfords sell spokes?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2007 in Workshop
I need a replacement spoke, and halfords is closer to work than nearest LBS. Anybody know if they sell individual spokes with nipples?

Comments

• Yes they do.

I ended up in Halfords last time I needed one having failed at 2 LBSs and an Evans!

Obviously the larger the Halfords the better the chance of them having the size you need, and I'd still fit it myself rather that letting their shaved monkeys at it.

www.givecyclistsroom.co.uk
    FGG 4495
  • Anonymous
    Thanks, will give them a try at lunch time. You are safe in the knowledge that I will be replacing it myself.
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    Be careful they don't try to sell you a car aerial by mistake. [;)]

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

Be careful they don't try to sell you a car aerial by mistake. [;)]

Great idea! Why not have telescopic spokes, then you don't need to worry about length? [:D]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xroads</i>

I need a replacement spoke, and halfords is closer to work than nearest LBS. Anybody know if they sell individual spokes with nipples?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Does Halfords have a spokesperson who could comment directly?[:)]

cougie Posts: 22,512
    Just phone the branch ??
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by john holiday</i>

Everyone seems to "knock" Halfords, but I had a wheel on my hack-bike respoked at their Chester branch & was very satisfied!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And I had a buckled MTB wheel trued there: FOC !!!!

<font size="1">But I still wouldn't buy a bike from there !!!</font id="size1">
  • Anonymous
    Halfords in slough do not stock spokes, so the spotty assistant tells me.
  • Anonymous
    Phoned a couple of bike shops and they dont have any 308mm spokes (for a 27" wheel) in stock. Cyclebasket.co.uk appear to have them for order for 14p each but charge 6 quid p+p! Still hunting...
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Try Parkers. I bought a couple of individual spokes there recently.
  • franklij
    franklij Posts: 1
    I am one of those shaven monkeys and would quite happily pit my bike mechanic skills against yours. Dont tar everyone with the same brush. I regularly did remedial work on bikes that had been meddled with by so called LBS experts. Wrong cassettes, wrong lenth chains, so called gear adjustments and the list goes on.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It’s taken 14 years for an Halfords employee to reply to this but however that’s great. It would be even better if you could comment every time some knob makes a generalisation about your employers.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    webboo said:

It’s taken 14 years for an Halfords employee to reply to this but however that’s great. It would be even better if you could comment every time some knob makes a generalisation about your employers.

I'll pop back to this thread in another 14 years to see if it's moved on at all...

I think 14 years could be a new record for a thread revival though...
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I had not noticed the post dates. I cant stop laughing. Don't take your bike to Frank if you want it back soon. :D
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    lesfirth said:

I had not noticed the post dates. I cant stop laughing. Don't take your bike to Frank if you want it back soon. :D

don't read Les' posts if you don't want some of your brain cells to die....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    Have we actually determined if Halfords do sell spokes though?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Basically it depends on which branch you go to I think.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    Or in which decade
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Yes, but they come in packs of 44 with nipples, rims, hubs and bikes attached. If in stock.