OK..who's in for the POLKADOT this weekend?

2»

Comments

• 6hrs 31mins for me, which was very pleasing considering how badly I went in the FWC and WRC.

My finishing time was actually 6hrs 29mins, but like others have said, some of the people who had had their cards marked then proceeded to engage the timing bloke in lengthy conversaton - WTF?? Contrary to what others have said, I didn't think the signage was particularly good, but the feedstations and post-event biscuits were!

I was riding an Airborne Valkrie Audax (with mudguards) and wearing the Primal Tuxedo top with tattoo armwarmers if that jogs any memories.

Me and bigal had dinner in Prestbury the evening before the event - what a place! It struck me that it was one SERIOUSLY wealthy area.
  • shy tot
    shy tot Posts: 111
    Times for the Polka Dot are now on the website;
    www.polkadotchallenge.co.uk
  • Thanks for that, shy tot - very prompt. And 5hrs 28mins for the fastest 100 mile time? That's shifting some!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shy tot</i>

Times for the Polka Dot are now on the website;
    www.polkadotchallenge.co.uk
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Peter,

I seem to be missing from the list...I was rider No.1....my time worked out at 6.49...I should be next to my brother Brian Bernard(No.2)...At the end I handed my timecard over to a lady who noted down the time...I seen you sitting next to her...she gave me back the timecard and a T-shirt and Bottle...should I have done anything else with the timecard?
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captain Fagor</i>

I was riding an Airborne Valkrie Audax (with mudguards) and wearing the Primal Tuxedo top with tattoo armwarmers if that jogs any memories.

A guy who lived near hope village heard my Scottish accent and asked if I had a mate with 'funny' armwarmers. Its clear now he meant you.

Brian B.
    Brian B.
  • shy tot
    shy tot Posts: 111
    Hi Richard
    The lady handing out the bottles wasn't noting the time - you must have been suffering!!! Not to worry I'll get you entered on the list, probably be early next week though as we don't control the website. In the meantime I'll email you a copy of the 100 miles list.
  • thetrotter
    thetrotter Posts: 258
    Very pleased with my time of 5.50 particularly when I realised that overall times were slower this year, probably because of the section through Smalldale (which was much harder - but much more pleasant - than the main road) and the detour through Gawsworth and Broken Cross at the end (well done to the organisers for avoiding the centre of Macc). Enjoyed it much more than the WhiteRose because the weather was cooler, I know the climbs, the last fifteen miles are flat and I hadn't raced the previous day! Helped enormously by getting in a couple of groups with cacbyname, one of which formed after the Snake and moved at a fair old lick through to Winnats (although I paid for it on the climb) and another which came together on Axe Edge. For those of you who want to ride in the less well known - and less busy - parts of the Peaks I strongly recommend the Spud Riley (generally takes an hour longer than the Polkadot) and/or the Staffordshire Legbreaker (which does exactly what it says on the tin). Thanks as always to everyone who makes this event a success and raises so much money for Christies.
  • grazer
    grazer Posts: 131
    So was the ride good? Would you recomend it? - I was thinking about doing it next year

What gears were u running

Cheers
    Grazer
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by grazer</i>

So was the ride good? Would you recomend it? - I was thinking about doing it next year

I'm not intending to be rude, but have you not read the posts above ?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    What gears were u running

50/36 x 12-27 : and I needed 36x27 on Winnats

why is it sunny all week yet rains at weekends ?
  • grazer
    grazer Posts: 131
    ok, dumb question. Seems like it was a good do

I'm in for '08