cable pull

Unknown
edited December 1969 in Workshop
hello i am currently sorting out a new bike for my friend and the current idea is a flat bar road bike with canti's and 10spd campag gearing, the problem may be the shifters, i have some old mtb friction shifters (thumbies) which have a 37 or 38mm cable pull, will this be enough for the rear mech? i know that campag make a flat bar ergo but the plan is to switch to drops in a bit so this is just a stop gap solution to get back on the road. another concern is the rear mech, i kow that the ergo's will require a campag rear mech (and a campag front one?) but we have an lx rear mech (9spd) will this work with the 10spd cassette, chain and the friction shifters?

Ta CF

Comments

• pbiggs
    pbiggs Posts: 9,232
    Campag 10-speed Ergos pull 2.8mm of cable per click according to www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946, so 37mm in total should be more than ample.

I'd expext the 9sp LX to be fine too with the friction shifters and 10sp cassette & chain. It won't matter that the cage will be a little wider than necessary, and it's bound to have enough travel.

The Shimano front mech will be worgh a try when you get the Ergos.

<i>~Pete</i>
    <i>~Pete</i>
  • thanks pete, that was just what i needed to hear, i guessed that the setup would work but wanted to check before buying the wheels etc.
    Cf