spd cleat bolts

Hammex
Hammex Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in Road beginners
Where can i get spare spd cleat bolts without buying new cleats?

Comments

008 Posts: 55
    I lost a cleat bolt/screw a while back and just popped into a bike shop to see if they had any spares, without buying the whole cleats.

The guy rummaged through a draw full of screws/bits and pieces, managed to find one and let me have it without charge, to my surprise as I already had my money out ready to pay.

Felt a bit embarrassed afterwards though... as he was rummaging, a queue of about 4 or 5 people had developed waiting to pay for some 'proper items'!

Action Bikes down in Embankment, London, FYI. Just to give them a plug. If you have a regular LBS that you use, I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 008</i>

I lost a cleat bolt/screw a while back and just popped into a bike shop to see if they had any spares, without buying the whole cleats.

The guy rummaged through a draw full of screws/bits and pieces, managed to find one and let me have it without charge, to my surprise as I already had my money out ready to pay.

Felt a bit embarrassed afterwards though... as he was rummaging, a queue of about 4 or 5 people had developed waiting to pay for some 'proper items'!

Action Bikes down in Embankment, London, FYI. Just to give them a plug. If you have a regular LBS that you use, I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Pretty much the same happened to me 008. Except my plug goes to Halfords, yep that's right Halfords! The one on Farnham.