Cateye Mity - changing to mph

dannygcp
dannygcp Posts: 151
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Have just purchased a Cateye Mity 8 after my cheapo, but simple to use, no brand computer finally bit the dust after many years of trusty service.

I have managed to get the Mity installed without much problem, but for the life of me cannot work out how to change the default from kmh to mph.

Despite, or perhaps because of, spending many years working in IT, I find the Cateye instructions virtually incomprehensible, particularly on this point.

Can anyone help before I decide to bash the thing with a hammer!

Comments

• road-runner
    road-runner Posts: 8,630
    I have a different model cateye computer and the only way to change miles to km or vice versa is by taking the battery out and starting again. Read the manual (I know IT pros don't normally) that came with your Mity 8 and see what it says.
  • dannygcp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by road-runner</i>

Read the manual (I know IT pros don't normally) that came with your Mity 8 and see what it says.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    The problem is the manual is not at all clear on how to change from kph to mph.

Anyway, you don't actually get what I would call a "manual". Instead you get an A3 sheet of paper with brief instructions printed in 6pt type in 12 different languages. [:(]
  • stoomack
    stoomack Posts: 10
    The manual is also available online; not sure if it's the same as you have, but it looks reasonably straight forward.

Manual is at:
    http://cateye.com/sites/cateye/upload/m ... v1_E-1.pdf

Tha info you want is step 2 within the grey column at the right hand side of page 1.

Having taken the battery out and put it back in you then press all 3 buttons together, then press mode until the appropriate symbol, for miles or km, shows. The mile symbol looks like a black bar with a line across it.

Hope this is of help.
  • I like KMs...makes me feel like I'm actually going somewhere[:D]
    Gravity sucks
  • dannygcp
    Many thanks for the link.

The online manual actually has some explanatory English text to explain what to do which is not on the printed version. Had they included this in the printed version it would have saved me a good deal of frustration!

Incidently, as the online manual shows, it seems you don't need to take the battery out just press the Set, Start, and Mode buttons at the same time.