Plain cotton cycling caps

graham_g
graham_g Posts: 652
edited June 2007 in Workshop
After some friday afternoon google searching and a failed attempt to bring up a similar thread on here - can someone point me in the direction of an internet retailer that sells plain (or one single stripe at most!) old fashioned cotton cycling caps?

Thanks,

Graham

Comments

• mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ProductsList/mcs/CategoryID/33/GroupID/2/CatName/Cycling%20Headwear/v/43440aa0-7f46-4439-8c1d-7a1494a40bba

or
    http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=96

<font color="blue"><h5>Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}</h5></font id="blue">
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    The Rapha one, although seemingly expensive is well made and as understated as they get - they are very high quality and likely to last many years in comparison to you regular team cap.
  • Cyclo2000
    Cyclo2000 Posts: 1,923
    Campag still do plain hats. Google it and a few retailers spring up.
    http://www.cycleways.com/store/product/ ... sic---Blk/

Usquequaque in Ventus
    Just once I would like to be called "Sir", without someone adding "You're making a scene".
    Usquequaque in Ventus
    Just once I would like to be called "Sir", without someone adding "You\'re making a scene".
  • Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    œ25 isn't just seemingly expensive, it <i>is</i> expensive[:0]

I tend to lose these things, the last having blown into the Bay of Biscay. My present one isn't expensive just reassuringly scruffy.

Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
    Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • southlaker
    southlaker Posts: 1,199
    2 quid each here;
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ceeway-Retro-B ... idZ2QQtZkm
    Next day delivery.
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    Cheers guys - I was thinking plain as in no logos but that campag one looks pretty smart.
    As nice as it is, I'm not sure if I can bring myself (a mere commuter and barely pushing 30 miles a ride leisure rider) to buy anything from Rapha!

Ebay linky wins the day, thanks southlaker!

(can't believe nothing came up searching ebay last week)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Why are decent cycling caps so hard to find in the UK. I've been after a Castelli cap and no-one but no-one stocks them, ended up going directly to the UL importer who luckily had one to hand and has offered it to me for œ13 with postage etc. Prendas looks good but all their hats are replica and have far too many logos etc or odd colours. Are caps just unpopular in the UK, I must admit I don't see many people wearing them.

My Best Bike
  • jash - caps are pretty unpopular here yes. I don't really know why, as they actually look pretty funky and mop up the sweat beautifully, but you don't see people around in them often. In London it's all either helmets or no hats.

I have a bike; she's called Fran. I enjoy her company.
    I have a bike; she\'s called Fran. I enjoy her company.
  • Jonathan Mcp
    Jonathan Mcp Posts: 2,472
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Graham G</i>

Cheers guys - I was thinking plain as in no logos but that campag one looks pretty smart.
    As nice as it is, I'm not sure if I can bring myself (a mere commuter and barely pushing 30 miles a ride leisure rider) to buy anything from Rapha!

Ebay linky wins the day, thanks southlaker!

(can't believe nothing came up searching ebay last week)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I found the campag one a very snug fit, tight enough to need the elastic around the brow needed cutting, otherwise a pressure headache begins after about 15 minutes.

<font size="1">It isn't growing up that stops us playing, it is stopping playing that makes us grow up.

Go and see my bikes</font id="size1">