www.cyclesuperstore.ie

JonBurns
JonBurns Posts: 212
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Has anyone bought from these guys?

I saw them mentioned on a thread a few weeks back. Noticed they had a really good price on something I wanted so sent them an email requesting some information about it last week.

Thing is I haven't heard anything back from them which kinda puts me off. Can anyone settle my mind either way?

Thanks,

The Rapha cycle bell goes Bling Bling

Comments

• caracolito
    caracolito Posts: 55
    I would also like to know...

<hr noshade size="1">
    <font size="1">
    <font color="violet"><b>Going uphill fast, is easy; all you need are legs and lungs. Going downhill fast is hard... you need... balls.</b></font id="violet"></font id="size1">
    Only one way to swim 100m free style - you start as hard as you can, then slowly accelerate.
    Going uphill fast, is easy; all you need are legs and lungs. Going downhill fast is hard... you need... balls.
  • justyn_c_uk
    justyn_c_uk Posts: 126
    I ordered some Fulcrum 3's from them in April, by mid may they hadn't arrive so I emailed them and was told that Campag freehubs were in short supply. So I phoned every week and got the same story, they were always polite but in the end I pulled the order and went to Geoff Butler instead. On other forums they seem to get high praise so it could just be my bad luck about their stock levels.

'It's good enough for government work'
    Please look at my handmade cycling cufflinks
  • aarwcp
    aarwcp Posts: 258
    they've just been moving into a new building, great prices and a great store - it's huge.

i haven't actually bought anything off them. their staff seem very decent though when in the store.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=159638
  • david_scp
    david_scp Posts: 55
    I used them for Fulcrum 3's and had no problems apart from the fact they forgot to attach the cassette lock ring, I phoned them and they sent one within 2 days.

No complaints.
  • I got some fulcrum 7 from them at a good price. Wheels turned up within 2 days no problems.
  • Cyclo2000
    Cyclo2000 Posts: 1,923
    The couple of things I just looked at weren't cheap. Their Assos gear is dearer than Parkers etc.

Usquequaque in Ventus
    Just once I would like to be called "Sir", without someone adding "You're making a scene".
    Usquequaque in Ventus
    Just once I would like to be called "Sir", without someone adding "You\'re making a scene".
  • meenaghman
    meenaghman Posts: 345
    They can be a bit dis-organised. My wife ordered some gear off them for my birthday just before xmas. and ended up having to phone them loads of times.. they didn't seem to give too much info via email. In the end I ended up with a good deal as my wife had ordered merino wool socks and some other socks from them, the others weren't in stock and so they sent loads of the merino wool ones as substitute/recompense for delay. I had toastiest feet in Ireland over spring training.
  • johnnocp
    johnnocp Posts: 112
    I emailed them a couple of weeks ago with an enquiry and have yet to recieve a reply.I know theyre moving or have moved so will give them benefit of doubt.I prefer going there to the other main shops in Dublin,as have always found staff very friendly and helpful.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    If you're looking at buying from aborad try Comobike, I don' think they are quite as cheap as the Irish place but their service is fantastic and they respond to enquiries very quickly.

My Best Bike