Dolce on its way

hopeful
hopeful Posts: 76
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
After much deliberation re a second bike (for a little bit of speed and bling, and to keep alongside the commuter), I went for a Specialized Dolce. I've never bought a female-specific bike before. I'd gone to the shop to look at the Allez, but felt a bit overstretched on it. The Dolce felt comfortable. Am picking it up this week.

Just wondering... anyone out there got one? Good things to say about it?

Comments

• Mrs miketherower has one - great bike.
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    bit late if someone happened to say "don't, no, you mustn't, it's a pile of crap, rides like a turd, looks disgusting, turns you into a moron".
    [:)]

the dolce looks great, as it happens, i am sure you will be thrilled to bits with your new steed. i've seen a few on the club run and they look cleaner than the giant woman specific frames.

winter: http://tinyurl.com/2xkbbs
    summer: http://tinyurl.com/2hsagv
  • hopeful
    hopeful Posts: 76
    Thanks. Wouldn't be too late if it were to be badly maligned. Not getting it into my hands for a couple of days, so there's still time! Nice, though, to hear a couple of good comments.
  • My partner has one. She likes it a lot, good acceleration. Makes her look like a godess IMO
    No chain, no gain
  • Brycp
    Brycp Posts: 305
    They've got a good reputation, I'm sure you'll like it. Three of my friends have got the Dolce.

I recently got a Specialized women specific bike (Ruby Expert) and I can't sing its praises enough.

Enjoy!

And I get over the breaks
    And I, I stumble and fall
    And I get over the breaks
    And I, I stumble and fall
  • Norvcp
    Norvcp Posts: 1,485
    To be honest, it's hard to go wrong with a Specialized, providing the bike's the right size for you.

"Prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn"

"Prejudice burns brighter when it\'s all we have to burn"