Help Please Choosing 2nd Bike (LOW BUDGET)

Evildad
Evildad Posts: 516
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Hi people,

Gosh it's been ages since I posted here - I used to actually help other people out on here!! Let's reciprocate ;-)

I want to buy a bike just to get me to work on; I only have 200 quid to spend, but do NOT want to go to Halfords [V].

So please can anyone offer any suggestions?

For info, I want a city style bike, i.e. upright, road tyres (and cycle path), and NO suspension.

Ta in advance,
Paul
Paul F.
Isle of Wight

Comments

• Cathryn
    Cathryn Posts: 176
    There's a thread from a few days ago about this bike but I have (and adore) a Dawes discovery 201 hybrid and would wholeheartedly recommend it. The thread may be interesting as some other people suggested other similar bikes they thought was better.
  • vernonlevy
    vernonlevy Posts: 969
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Evildad</i>

Hi people,

Gosh it's been ages since I posted here - I used to actually help other people out on here!! Let's reciprocate ;-)

I want to buy a bike just to get me to work on; I only have 200 quid to spend, but do NOT want to go to Halfords [V].

So please can anyone offer any suggestions?

For info, I want a city style bike, i.e. upright, road tyres (and cycle path), and NO suspension.

Ta in advance,
    Paul
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Forget your prejudices and get a Carerra Subway one. It's highly rated - 14 gears, v-brakes, no suspension, hybrid tyres, durable. Bought one for my son and have only had to replace the brake pads as they wore out.
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    One make you may try if your wanting to go new is Ridgeback Rapide and Rapide Equipt bikes. I've got a Ridgeback Velocity as a commuting bike and I really like the way it handles in traffic. You may also want to go 2nd hand or perhaps get a last years model at lower prices and get more for your money.

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?