That's the bonus gone!

andy66
andy66 Posts: 20
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Been lurking on here for a while enjoying the chat.

Hauled the Cannondale hardtail out for a few short rides after (say it quietly) six years not riding and it was frankly a pain in the ...back: was great off-road when I raced in ther 90s not so good on road now.

So, I've taken the plunge and bought a Specialized Roubaix Comp this afternoon with my bonus, new shoes and new conviction to cycle regularly. Should really be in the XXL to XL pages as I'm a forty something trying to regain some youthful physique (some chance) but I'm really looking forward to next weekend when i pick the bike up and get out for a ride.

Hope to see some of you on the Cheshire/Staffordshire roads.

Cheers
Andy

Comments

• there's a decision you won't regret! enjoy [:)]
  • gbb
    gbb Posts: 1,240
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andy66</i>

Been lurking on here for a while enjoying the chat.

Hauled the Cannondale hardtail out for a few short rides after (say it quietly) six years not riding and it was frankly a pain in the ...back: was great off-road when I raced in ther 90s not so good on road now.

So, I've taken the plunge and bought a Specialized Roubaix Comp this afternoon with my bonus, new shoes and new conviction to cycle regularly. <font color="red">Should really be in the XXL to XL pages as I'm a forty something trying to regain some youthful physique (some chance) but I'm really looking forward to next weekend when i pick the bike up and get out for a ride.</font id="red">
    Hope to see some of you on the Cheshire/Staffordshire roads.

Cheers
    Andy
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Welcome Andy [;)]
    You have started at the right time..all that lovely summer to come [8D]
    Regain that youthful physique at 40 ?...why not. I'm 49, only started serious riding at 45 ish, and i'm now fitter than 99% of the 100 or so guys at my work [^]...and they are telling ME that, not the other way round..
    Commitment and conviction can be hard....i havnt been out much after a slight illness...and its bugging me, but i still cant work up much enthusiasm right now....but it WILL come. Most of the time, i cant wait to get out, just occasionally..its hard [:o)]

Chill out, fer Christsakes....

Chill out, fer Christsakes....
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Good on you - what part of Cheshire are you doing - normally North Cheshire for me ! Always wave/nod to cyclists these days - seeing a fully kitted roadie wave to you must be a boost ? [:o)]
  • Krypton
    Krypton Posts: 466
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font color="red">bought a Specialized Roubaix Comp this afternoon with my bonus</font id="red"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Wow, don't hold back ... <jealousy> jump right in there from the off with a bloody cracking bike why don't you </jealousy>

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I've been drooling over a Roubaix since I handled one at the local Spesh dealer's (made my Sirrus feel like a bag of spuds!).

Congrats, and enjoy. Come back and tell us how it handles.

And think about it this way, at least a part of you has gone from XXL to size Zero ... your wallet <hehehe> [:D]

--
    Stopped smoking, saved a fortune. Started cycling, spent it all! - PS, don't <b>CLICK THIS LINK!!</b>
    --
    Stopped smoking, saved a fortune. Started cycling, spent it all!
  • andy66
    andy66 Posts: 20
    Thanks for the encouragement. Can't wait until Friday! Will be out in S Chshire Saturday am. Look out for the big bloke on the shiny new bike![:D]